Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Samsung Galaxy S II outsells iPhone 4 in UK during May

Samsung has been doing very well in the Asian market.

Quote:
Samsung's Galaxy S II was more popular than Apple's iPhone 4 during the month of May. The top slot had been held by the new phones from HTC for a number of months, but Apple claimed it in April. Apparently Samsung's dual-core flagship was too good for UK buyers to resist, ...
On a related store
Samsung Galaxy S surpasses Apple iPhone in Japan

Quote:
According to a new report, Samsung's Galaxy S Android smartphone outsold Apple's iPhone in Japan during Q1 2011. ...
Also when Samsung released their Galaxy II phones in Korea they broke the record for the most pre-orders of any phone, the iPhone4 held the record prior to that. (but this is to be expected in a companies home country)

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I wish I was ready for an upgrade. The Samsung Galaxy s II is the ultimate drool phone. When the guys over at BGR are even drooling over it, that tells you something.

Last edited by boswd; 05-27-2011 at 02:11 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes that is a great phone, I really like the Super AMOLED screen on my Vibrant and the Super AMOLED Plus just makes the GII even better.

Also another phone that has been flying off the shelves is LG(TMobile) G2x phones. The screen is not so nice but the architecture makes it one of the fastest phones.

=X=
Old 05-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah I'm going to keep my eye on LG this year they are stepping it up from the feature phone semi smartphone to joining the Big Boys of HTC, Samsung, and Moto. they are going to be one to watch.

whats great about Samsung and LG is they make their own screens.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
i having a hard time deciding on the evo 4g 3d or this one. i had made up my mind when htc encrypted the bootloader, but now that it's going be open again i'm having a tough decision to make.

hopefully my evo 4g doesn't make the decision before me. my daughter dropped it and shattered the glass. the only thing holding it together is the screen protector. once that breaks i'll have to get a new phone.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsquabbles View Post
i having a hard time deciding on the evo 4g 3d or this one. i had made up my mind when htc encrypted the bootloader, but now that it's going be open again i'm having a tough decision to make.

hopefully my evo 4g doesn't make the decision before me. my daughter dropped it and shattered the glass. the only thing holding it together is the screen protector. once that breaks i'll have to get a new phone.

that's one thing I love and think is a HUGE advantage over iPhone, Choices.

Hmmm do I want the benz or the Lexus?
Old 05-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard

That's a tough call, both are good phones. The only thing that sways me towards the samsung phone is the video /graphics, of the samsung

However the Evo is made by htc and their phones always perform well and are supported by HTC well after they are released. Which is not the case for samsung phones.