Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #1141
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
New Offer (claim by 30 Apr)
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #1142
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Offer (claim by 06 May)
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #1143
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Has Amazon given up on the Special Offers? Not one offer during the month of May.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #1144
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Has Amazon given up on the Special Offers? Not one offer during the month of May.
I think so. It was great while it lasted.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #1145
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
I believe there was exactly one (May 1).

Since then, two or three "local" offers were Amazon related.

They're going to have to change the name of it to "Kindle with Ads" instead of "Special Offers", pretty soon. There is one remaining Special Offer active (if you signed up for it) and it expires in two days.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #1146
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I believe there was exactly one (May 1).
If there was an offer then, it never appeared on either my Kindle Keyboard or my Kindle NT.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #1147
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
It looks that way. And, it's pretty disappointing. Some of the local deals have been ok, but I don't care about them in general. I'd like to see more Amazon offers, darn it!
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #1148
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
It looks that way. And, it's pretty disappointing. Some of the local deals have been ok, but I don't care about them in general. I'd like to see more Amazon offers, darn it!
I hear you. The idea behind the Special Offers was that they were exclusive to special offer Kindles. If you didn't own one of these Kindles, you didn't qualify for the offer.

As to AmazonLocal Offers, there's nothing exclusive about them. Anyone with an Amazon account can take advantage of them; Kindle ownership isn't required.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:01 AM   #1149
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Reminder - the video offer in post 1142 expires today. It's the last active Special Offer; and could end up being the last one ever offered.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:23 AM   #1150
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

For the first time since this program started, there are no active offers.

Is it over?
Old 06-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #1151
dukesilver
Connoisseur
dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I have a question about removing Special Offers. The manage devices page on amazon says that you can unsubscribe and even re-subscribe to special offers. Does that mean once I pay to remove SO, can I re-subscribe if I know of a good deal, and then remove the ads again without paying again? In other words, does paying once to remove SOs enable you turn SOs on/off an unlimited amount of times going forward?
dukesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #1152
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesilver View Post
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I have a question about removing Special Offers. The manage devices page on amazon says that you can unsubscribe and even re-subscribe to special offers. Does that mean once I pay to remove SO, can I re-subscribe if I know of a good deal, and then remove the ads again without paying again? In other words, does paying once to remove SOs enable you turn SOs on/off an unlimited amount of times going forward?
Once you've paid, you can flip back and forth at whim. I do exactly that. I prefer not having the space used up on my home screen, so I keep it off, unless I hear about a good deal on this forum.
Which is not looking to be a frequent occurrence these days.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #1153
Pismire
Small God, also Turtle.
Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
So, seeing how there are no up to date special offers - does that mean that the kindle screensavers do not display anything? As in, you basically have a Kindle without special offers without paying the extra fee?

Still waiting for my KT SO, so dont mind me asking....
Pismire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #1154
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismire View Post
So, seeing how there are no up to date special offers - does that mean that the kindle screensavers do not display anything? As in, you basically have a Kindle without special offers without paying the extra fee?
The screensavers display Amazon Local offers or other ads (like the monthly 100 books for $3.99 or less). There just aren't any exclusive SO available.
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #1155
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismire View Post

Still waiting for my KT SO, so dont mind me asking....
No, the screensaver still displays ads and AmazonLocal offers. Right now, my screensaver has a Huggies HawaiianDiapers ad that says: "All Tiki. No Leaky."
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote