Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
StickMaker
Connoisseur
StickMaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
nooby has lots of questions

Got my first Kindle 48 hours ago and LOVE it. Done a lot of things with it but do have a lot of (stupid?) questions.

If I may, I'll ask them one at a time here. Here is #1:

I tried to drag/drop an .epub file from computer to Kindle; nothing told me that it did not go but I do not see it on
the Kindle; is it there, just wasting storage space? Or did it not go there?

(yes, I know, I should NOT have done that since Kindle can't handle an .epub file)
StickMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
Deja Moo
Enthusiast
Deja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PaperWhite
Yes, it is there, "just wasting space". You can see it if you plug into your computer and open Kindle like a flash drive. Books go in "Documents" and if they're the right format, they show up.
Deja Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
If the epub is not protected by drm, then you could use Calibre (they have a subforum on this site) to convert it to MOBI, the format used by the kindle. Then it could be dragged or sent by calibre to the kindle.

Enjoy.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Welcome to MobileRead StickMaker.

certainly look into Calibre to help you manage converting your ePub books to a Kindle friendly format.

Hope you enjoy your Kindle.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #5
StickMaker
Connoisseur
StickMaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Super; thanks to all of you. YES, I am enjoying the KINDLE so much I'm making a website re my fun with it. YES, I found the EPUB file in WinExpl. and deleted it.
On to the next question ;-)
StickMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert