Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-22-2015, 02:19 PM   #1
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
For a developper : PocketBook e-reader as a computer monitor

Hi,
Some developers could be intersted in this thread from the PocketBook's forum : RemoteInk - a tool for using PocketBook e-reader as a computer monitor

Last edited by Randy11; 02-22-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:44 PM   #2
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
That's an interesting project. Rewriting for Onyx could be feasible:

The only file that depends on the Pocketbook SDK is ./client/ui.c. It includes the <inkview> library and uses the following functions: SoftUpdate(), ClearScreen(), SetFont(), DrawString(), FillArea(), DrawRect(), StringWidth() (cf. http://donkey.vernier.se/~yann/pbapi...nkview_8h.html)

Unfortunately, there are no direct analogues of these functions in the Onyx SDK. And you have to take into consideration that Onyx uses C++ while Pocketbook uses C...
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:56 AM   #3
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 & M96
Hi folks, to remote desktop control we can use on M96 and T68 the VNC viewer app (from Google Play) combined with TighVNC software for our PC. Both apps are compatible and free.

Best.
kuskro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:40 AM   #4
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Okay, yes. I was talking about the M92
Old 02-23-2015, 06:31 AM   #5
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
Okay, yes. I was talking about the M92
I see, I think that your idea was possible on M92 thanks to seaniko7's Obuntu, I remember seaniko7 talking about how he used M92 as second monitor (maybe with a tightvnc or xRDP for arm devices).

Maybe this version of "vnc client" (thread) could work on your M92:
Quote:
VNC client for Pocketbook by othb08me09zp. It uses well-known protocol, but may be less convenient for managing windows during daily work.

To launch the client you need to:

Install any terminal emulator for the reader (for example, poterm).

Copy files libvncclient.so and vnc.app to applications/ folder in the reader's memory.

Rename libvncclient.so to libvncclient.so.0.

Open the terminal on the reader and run the following commands (where ****** is VNC password and xx.xx.xx.xx is server's IP address):

$ cd /mnt/ext1/applications
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. VNC_PASSWORD=****** ./vnc.app xx.xx.xx.xx:1
As far I remember someone uploaded this deb package for Synergy and it is workable on Obuntu, it let you share peripherals.

Last edited by kuskro; 02-23-2015 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:41 AM   #6
tuxor
Addict

It is clear that VNC is working on Boox M92 at least via Obuntu. But as far as I understand it, this app is supposed to be an alternative for VNC. You can more easily control which part of your desktop (like single windows or parts of windows) is displayed on the Eink-Screen.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:55 PM   #7
Wong McGregor
Connoisseur
Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Wong McGregor is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
It looks like another VNC application although, perhaps as you say, more advanced. He specifically mentions the lag which is typical of such apps.

There is a VNC app for the M92 by erkkia called Serial VNC which does not require Obuntu. You can find it in the forums and on the M92 wiki. I takes a bit of effort to set up but it does work.
Wong McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:31 AM   #8
bobodude
Connoisseur
bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BooX M96
Hi,

vnc looks very intersting !!!

I would like to use it as a monitor for pc via usb

i've given it a try but with no luck ...

could you explain how you get this to work on the M96 ?

thanks alot ...

(until now i've been using google docs, which works pretty well, and i just found 2 useful apps: rotation locker (free) and adaptive rotation locker (paid), which lets you type in docs in landscape mode ...)

Last edited by bobodude; 02-28-2015 at 12:47 PM.
bobodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:36 AM   #9
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
There is a little mistake. The subject of this thread is for an application for PocketBook. The VNC application "Serial VNC" is on only for M92 : Linux. The M96 is Android.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:55 PM   #10
bobodude
Connoisseur
bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks for the clarification,

i found some android vnc apps, do you know if something similar could be achieved like that ?
Old 03-08-2015, 05:33 AM   #11
kuskro
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobodude View Post
thanks for the clarification,

i found some android vnc apps, do you know if something similar could be achieved like that ?
The VNC viewer for android works good on M96, I use it combined with tightvnc on my PC.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #12
bobodude
Connoisseur

are you connecting via usb ?

I've tried this with no luck, i looked for a tutorial on the net & it seems a bit complicated,

did you have to root the m96 ? and install the m96's usb drivers on your pc (where do you find them ?

any additional info apreciated ...

(I have the "normal version of the M96, not Booxtor's ...)

Last edited by bobodude; 03-09-2015 at 02:33 PM.