Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
AncientGardener
AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Year of the Celt: Imbolc

My first work of fiction: Year of the Celt: Imbolc.

The first of 4 books, each covering 3 months of the year from 499-498BC and ending at a Celtic festival: Imbolc, Beltane, Lugnasa and Samhain.
Otley, Wharfedale 499BC.
"The advancing ice sheets drive all before them. From the northern lands, deer, wolves and whole settlements flee the encroaching icy wilderness. In their wake comes death, betrayal, love and hope. A small village of the Brigantes tribe in northern England will be changed forever.
This is their story."

The saga follows the fortunes of the Scefinge, whose settlement occupies the site of modern day Otley (where I live now). Set against a backdrop of a changing climate and a large influx of refugees from the north escaping encroaching ice-sheets, the story is all about how ordinary people struggle to survive in a rapidly changing world; only those who adapt have any hope of surviving.

See www.yearofthecelt.co.uk for more on the Celts and Iron Age Wharfedale. I'm adding more to the site each week.

PS The cover was designed by me based on an original image kindly donated by the very talented
Somnium Dantis
AncientGardener is offline   Reply With Quote