Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #16
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Chaley, thank you -- I'll send you an email now. (It looks like backing up the metadata didn't clear up the problem.)

And, of course, you're right -- there's all kinds of Windows (I'm running Win 7) issues I'm probably unaware of. Thank you -- I know it's hard to diagnose problems over the internet.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #17
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You need to provide an actual error message that occurs when you try to open the database. The one you provided is meaningless as it is caused by trying to use functions that are not available.

If you want to test the validity of the sqlite database use the official sqlite3 command line client from sqlite.org

sqlite3 metadata.db .dump > dump.sql

You will see that the sqlite database is converted into SQL statements with no issues. calibre itself uses the official sqlite3 libraries.
This seemed to create a valid dump file, thank you.

So I'm still not sure why my Calibre2opds isn't working, but I guess this means my metadata is okay after all?
Old 01-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #18
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Chaley, thank you -- I'll send you an email now. (It looks like backing up the metadata didn't clear up the problem.)

And, of course, you're right -- there's all kinds of Windows (I'm running Win 7) issues I'm probably unaware of. Thank you -- I know it's hard to diagnose problems over the internet.
As I said in a reply to your email, I have no problem opening that DB with either calibre or SQLiteSpy. Looks like you need to work more with the calibre2opds people. Sorry I can't help more.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #19
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
As I said in a reply to your email, I have no problem opening that DB with either calibre or SQLiteSpy. Looks like you need to work more with the calibre2opds people. Sorry I can't help more.
Well, I'm relieved to hear that my database isn't corrupted, thank you!

I'll keep working with Dave on Calibre2opds and hope that he can pinpoint why the tool and my database folder aren't working and playing nicely.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #20
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved thread to the Catalogs sub-forum with other calibre2opds issues.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #21
botmtl
Enthusiast
botmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel is

Device: none
Quote:
calibre itself uses the official sqlite3 libraries.
** EDITED: THIS IS WRONG, SEE BELOW. **

sorry to dredge up this old thread but I found it while trying to debug and spent an extra couple hours hacking away before I realised that that statement may have been true back in the day but now calibre does indeed use it's own custom built sqlite driver.

As to why sqllite's own sort and concat methods were not good enough, I have no idea. Also clueless why it prevents a lot of tools from reading calibre's database, but it does.

Last edited by botmtl; 02-12-2018 at 12:48 PM.
botmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:33 PM   #22
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botmtl View Post
Also clueless why it prevents a lot of tools from reading calibre's database, but it does.
Are you able to state which tools and which features.

I use both "DB Browser for SQLite" and "SQLite Expert" quite frequently (at least monthly) without any issues. I've also used other tools, whose names escape me, from time to time, don't recall any of them failing to read the db.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:54 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, calibre still uses the official sqlite3 libraries. Sorting in calibre is not done via sqlite, because sorting in calibre is far more sophisticated than what sqlite is capable of.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:28 AM   #24
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Also, since the original posts mentioned Calibre2opds i thought it was worth mentioning that Calibre2opds has no problems accessing the Calibre metadata.db file either.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #25
botmtl
Enthusiast
botmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel is

Quote:
No, calibre still uses the official sqlite3 libraries. Sorting in calibre is not done via sqlite, because sorting in calibre is far more sophisticated than what sqlite is capable of.
Oh! Sorry, seems like a series of wrong assumptions. Now i'm double-sorry about reviving this. What's the sortconcat function then? I really thought I had found proof of said assumptions when I found calibre/src/calibre/library/sqlite_custom.c. Some database readers, like SqlCeToolbox complain about this function being undefined when reading the database.
botmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:33 PM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is a function that calibre used to use a long time ago (pre 1.0 I think), it's still around for forwards compat (so that new databases can still be opened with older versions of calibre). calibre tries hard to keep the database both forwards and backwards compatible, as much as possible. backwards compatibility (opening old databases with new versions of calibre) is absolute and forwards compatibility is best-effort.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote