Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2021, 03:04 AM   #1
-stepan-
Enthusiast
-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Nia
How max many books marked "Reading" Kobo remembered at Home screen?

Hello. Sorry for my bad english.

Does anyone know how many books from previously opened books he remembers and then shows Kobo (Kobo Mini) on the home screen? On vacation, I want to do something for myself in the form of a convenient reading list. You can, of course, create a separate collection, add it there, but it's easier for me to open 10 books so that they are preserved, and then just after finishing reading and opening the home screen, go to the next book from my "reading list". Experimentally, I could not find the maximum number of such books.

P.S. Maybe I'm wrong, but in NickelMenu there is no way to add an item that would open not all "Collections", but a my specific collection of the "Favorites" type?
-stepan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:02 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Which firmware? You mention NickelMenu, which says you have to be using a 4.x firmware from within the last couple of years. And that confuses me. The current home page hold up to 4 open books. And they are in the order of most recently opened. Finish one of those books and they get shifted up. The next most recently opened and still being read will take the fourth position.

But, you are using a Mini. For that, the last supported firmware is 3.19. That used the tiled home screen. That had one tile for the current book, and the rest of the tiles were for recent activities. You can dismiss tiles for any of the activities and the next most recent will appear. If you dismissed everything except for open books you will only have opened books. I don't know how many would fit on the Mini, but it would be at least eight.

But, you don't really need to do that. The book list can show you what you want. Go into the My Book, then, under "Filters" select "Unread""Reading" and under "Sort" select "Recent". That will show all books you have opened in the order that they were last opened in. That list can be as long as you want. After doing this, when you open My Books from the home screen, it will open with this filter and sort and show you the first book on the list.

Last edited by davidfor; 06-24-2021 at 04:39 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot and not paying attention to what I am typing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2021, 04:09 AM   #3
-stepan-
Enthusiast
-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
But, you don't really need to do that. The book list can show you what you want. Go into the My Book, then, under "Filters" select "Unread" and under "Sort" select "Recent". That will show all books you have opened in the order that they were last opened in. That list can be as long as you want. After doing this, when you open My Books from the home screen, it will open with this filter and sort and show you the first book on the list.
Thanks, I didn't think about this method. Firmware - 4.26.16704.
Yes, 4 books are displayed on the screen, but if i open 6-7 books, then the list of visible ones simply shifts, those books that were opened earlier but were not displayed on the main one are added in the last positions. But the method with a filter is very convenient, thank you!
Old 06-24-2021, 04:19 AM   #4
-stepan-
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
...select "Unread" and under "Sort" select "Recent". That will show all books you have opened in the order that they were last opened in.
Just not "Unread", but "Reading" for me Since I can add books to the device often, but I need a list of what I want to read exactly in the near future.

Thanks. Convenient and fast. Much faster than creating collection "Reading List".
Old 06-24-2021, 04:37 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by -stepan- View Post
Just not "Unread", but "Reading" for me Since I can add books to the device often, but I need a list of what I want to read exactly in the near future.

Thanks. Convenient and fast. Much faster than creating collection "Reading List".
Sorry. That was me not thinking and tapping the screen from habit. I basically just use the "Unread" filter to look for something to read and pick from the home page if I am swapping between books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert