Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-10-2022, 10:10 PM   #1
Gaqs
Enthusiast
Gaqs began at the beginning.

Device: KT4, PW3
Is there no seamless ePub integration for newer firmwares/WatchThis jailbreak?

Hello everyone, I'm looking through and reading many threads trying to understand how everything works with jailbreak apps, and I've come across KPVBooklet which is supposed to basically let you have epub books directly in your kindle home screen and open koreader by tapping them, instead of booting koreader from the KUAL menu which seemed very interesting to me. Because from what I understand, you can't really "make" collections on KOReader, you just have a list of all your books with some viewing options and the best you can do is add books to favorites and make folders.

However, I can't really find much information on how to use it after you install it, but I have found some posts saying that KPVBooklet doesn't work on the kindle paperwhite 3 and newer firmwares. Is that the case?
Gaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 04:22 AM   #2
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
KPVBooklet is unsupported and abandoned, please avoid using it. KOReader's File Manager is very good at showing necessary info such as series names and other metadata, so you just need to organize folders of books and correct metadata.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2022, 07:53 AM   #3
cortejador
cortejador began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
If you sending books with Calibre, you can use the Calibre metadata search function in KOReader. In this type of search you can find two very handy option: Browse series and Browse tags. If you tagged books properly, you can use the Browse tags option like you use collections.
cortejador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:23 AM   #4
Gaqs
Enthusiast
Gaqs began at the beginning.

Device: KT4, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortejador View Post
If you sending books with Calibre, you can use the Calibre metadata search function in KOReader. In this type of search you can find two very handy option: Browse series and Browse tags. If you tagged books properly, you can use the Browse tags option like you use collections.
Oh this exactly what I always wanted on the kindle, it's actually better and easier than the kindle collections, thanks for the heads up.

And thanks @mergen3107 for the explanation.
Gaqs is offline   Reply With Quote