Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #166
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti
TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 3gs
Ooh! a LOL-Panda of my very own!

Can I keep him?
TallNHairyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #167
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallNHairyDave View Post
Hmmm, you have a point there Zelda....

*Suddenly finds myself wrapped in thin aluminium sheet*

Curses! Foiled again!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #168
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Ooh! a LOL-Panda of my very own!

Can I keep him?
yes you may, but i should warn you, they get really bi-- oh, never mind.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #169
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
aHem !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #170
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hmmm, you have a point there Zelda....

*Suddenly finds myself wrapped in thin aluminium sheet*

Curses! Foiled again!

must be why we call thin aluminium sheet - > foil
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #171
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
aHem !
Still no chocolate for you
Old 08-23-2009, 05:52 AM   #172
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Still no chocolate for you

i'm sorry - are we missing a chapter ?
Old 08-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #173
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
i'm sorry - are we missing a chapter ?
I'm not, no The rest of you are

(Almost finished chapter 9. )
Old 08-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #174
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm not, no The rest of you are

(Almost finished chapter 9. )
yay !!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #175
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti
TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 3gs
I'm afraid I've been lax in my pesterings... Been too busy outfitting the cave with new furnishings...
TallNHairyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #176
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Chapter 9

He walked slowly back to the pub, muttering slowly under his breath. One of the Australian bar staff asked if he wanted a drink, and he ordered without paying much attention to what he had asked for, then went out into the beer garden, still muttering.

He was still muttering to himself when his drink arrived. He paused briefly to peer puzzledly at it. He was sure he hadn’t ordered anything that came with a small dancing pink elephant on the glass. He shrugged, took a sip, and went back to muttering. So engrossed in his muttering was he that he hadn’t noticed he had chosen to sit next to the only other occupied table in the not-exactly-small beer garden.

Behind him, the tall man who looked suspiciously like a yeti in clothes sighed exasperatedly. A tree overhanging the garden caught his eye, and he heaved himself up and ambled over to it, rooting around in the grass for a moment, before picking something up and returning to his seat.

The man was still muttering “advanced computing optical recognition network” repeatedly under his breath, debating to himself what it might be. He was happily oblivious of the sighs emanating from the table next to him. He didn’t notice an object coming hurtling through the air towards him. He did, however notice it land in his drink. Before it started to dissolve, he had enough time to see it was an acorn. Movement nearby caught his eye, and he glanced up as the couple next to him stood up. He kept glancing up and up and up until the man had finally finished standing up. The yeti-like being flicked another acorn at the drink, rolled his eyes, turned to his companion and rumbled “tea and cake”.

Tearing his gaze away from the couple, remembering at last that it was both rude and indiscreet to stare, the man watched the remains of the second acorn dissolve in his drink. He was glad he had only had a sip of the drink before the acorns started landing in it. It wasn’t so much the way the drink was dissolving them, more the funny shades of purple and orange it was flashing. And he had a feeling that he might have already regretted having had even that sip. Shaking his head to clear those thoughts, he then proceeded to slap himself upside the head.

“Acorns! Of course!”

He raced up the normal stairs and into his room, slammed the door and started babbling excitedly about squirrels and acorns. Out of sight, two socks exchanged meaningful glances.

Last edited by ShortNCuddlyAm; 08-23-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #177
zelda_pinwheel

"australian bar staff" eh ? i bet that one sip is going to leave some lingering side effects...

it's a good thing the yeti was there to throw clues at him. the man clearly needs a bit of help. i really don't know how he's going to manage.

(moar chapters !!!)
Old 08-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #178
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Out of sight, two socks exchanged meaningful glances.
I think we konw those socks, and no story is complete without them.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #179
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I think we konw those socks, and no story is complete without them.
oh yes, i think you're right, and i must agree.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #180
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Breaking News: Pudding Renamed Spotted Richard!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote