Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-21-2022, 05:07 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
adobe-hyphenate: none;

i have 3 lines of extra CSS to be added by default at each calibre conversion.
they are
body {adobe-hyphenate: none;}
body {text-align: justify;}
body {orphans: 1; widows: 1}

these are to suit my personal reading preferences, I have used them for years , ever since I had a sony e-reader with its own opinions as to who should be in charge of hyphenation, orphans.. etc

so they have made their way into saved copies of many of the epubs in my library , over the years..

they do still work, but adobe-hyphenate fails the epub quality checks when I check the book in calibre editor ( and elsewhere ). the error suggests its not included in some list of well defined CSS ?

so should I just ignore the errors or is there a better way to code it which passes all tests and yet still prevents all hyphenation when book is rendered ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:39 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Here is another thread on the same subject from 2018: "Check book" complains about hyphens.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert