Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-24-2022, 11:52 PM   #1
JawadLeLogeur
Zealot
JawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kobo Forma 4.15.12920
Can't decide which Android e-reader to go for

I currently have the Forma and use it regularly for most of my reading at home. I have an LCD tablet for comics and an LCD phone for communications and apps.

Ideally I would like to transition away from LCD as much as possible.

My questions would be:

1) can Chinese e-ink phones be reliable as a daily driver in the West? In which case I'll probably invest in the new Hisense or something. How annoying is it to not have gapps in practice?

2) Is color e-ink worth it for comics? I dislike reading on an LCD tablet, but on the other hand if the colors are just too pastel it doesn't seem like a good investment either. I'm aware of the PDF = better on LCD tablets argument, just wondering about your subjective experiences

3) What would you recommend as a regular Android tablet? There's just so much choice in the 6" to 8" segment that I am overwhelmed

4) I'm particularly interested in the Hisense Hireader but I am not sure if the smaller format ends up being burdensome compared to the 8" range. I already read PDFs on my phone tbh
JawadLeLogeur is offline   Reply With Quote