Notices

Old 02-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
kitzj0
kitzj0 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Missing Text in Custom feed

I am trying to create a custom feed of my local newspaper:

http://rss.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs....enq01&mime=xml

I can get the feed in epub and I can preview the feed in Calibre. Everything looks fine with the table of contents, etc and when I click on an article the text appears. I then transfer the feed to the PRS-505, and everything looks fine with the table of contents (the article title appears) but when I click on the article all that is shown is a blank page.

Any ideasas to what I am doing wrong? I just entered the feed in the url under custom feed, do I need to add something in advanced? Total Newbie here to Calibre.

Thanks!
kitzj0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is most likely a case where the reader can't handle the markup in the HTML pages of the newspaper. Add the following to your recipe (in Advanced Mode)

html2epub_options = 'linearize_tables = True'
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #3
kitzj0
kitzj0 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks for the reply kovidgoyal.

I tried as you suggested and I still don't get full article on the reader. I only get the summary (just a couple lines of the article). In the viewer in calibre, the text is not formatted correctly and it pulls in alot of the newspaper graphics, etc. I even tried pulling in the print version by adding

PHP Code:
def print_version(selfurl):
        return 
url '&template=printart' 
I got this from The Indianapolis newspaper and it looked like the print version of the article from the cincinnati newspaper contained template=printart.
kitzj0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
post this question in the custom recipes thread and maybe someone who has the time will look at it in detail and help you.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote