Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #31
adisunter
adisunter began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 700
HI I have got the library working OK and the book aurthorized by Sony USA, even though I am in the UK using my UK laptop. However I cannot get ADE to recognise my PRS700 reader.

The download seemed to have the correct path in it already, so I double clicked on it and it said everything was updated. I really don't know if this is correct or not?
adisunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #32
Waxcutter
Waxcutter began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I guess I'll bug Sony support then. I mean, Microsoft's OS issues aside, Sony's mainstream product *should* support a mainstream OS. (Waitaminute, forgot about the mac situation. ) I can't imagine it should be that difficult to support Vista 64. Adobe DE runs just fine...
I downloaded Sony Library from sonyUS. I did have to tell them I was Canadian. It worked find on Vista 64. Sony UK said sorry but Sony Library doesn't work on Vista64?
Waxcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxcutter View Post
I downloaded Sony Library from sonyUS. I did have to tell them I was Canadian. It worked find on Vista 64. Sony UK said sorry but Sony Library doesn't work on Vista64?
I'm pretty sure one of the updates (2.1 maybe?) of the Sony library added 64-bit support. It was really only an installer issue anyway. So, I'm not sure why Sony told you this.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #34
olsonjm25
olsonjm25 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
I have the PRS-505 and love it. But I just bought a new computer with Vista 64 and my Sony elibrary has gone kaplooey. Most of the books that had been in there before have disappeared. How can I get the contents of my reader and my SD card into the elibrary? I'm willing to start all over again if necessary. There must be a simple way to sync everything in, but if there is I haven't figured it out yet. Also,the elibrary doesn't seem to recognize the SD card, but calls it "error" instead. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
olsonjm25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #35
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonjm25 View Post
I have the PRS-505 and love it. But I just bought a new computer with Vista 64 and my Sony elibrary has gone kaplooey. Most of the books that had been in there before have disappeared. How can I get the contents of my reader and my SD card into the elibrary? I'm willing to start all over again if necessary. There must be a simple way to sync everything in, but if there is I haven't figured it out yet. Also,the elibrary doesn't seem to recognize the SD card, but calls it "error" instead. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
Well, you can drag the ebooks from the Reader to the Library just as easily as dragging from the Library to the Reader.

I doubt sync will put stuff that is on the reader back into the library.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #36
Waxcutter
Waxcutter began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Red face Problem Solved? Not on your nelly.

At last i thought I had found a solution to my none-working sony library. A new Sony library version 3! so I uninstalledcleaned and reset my computer. then I put the new version in, clicked on start.............aaaaannnnnddd....Nothing! zilch,nada. less than zero.
May be the girl on the Sony technical help line was right, It's my computer, not Sonys problem.
Waxcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #37
willanaya
Enthusiast
willanaya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-350
"unable to locate folder. this item has been moved, renamed, or deleted"

when trying to start my ebook library, i get the above message when i click on the "computer" button to the left. actually, if i press any of the buttons, this is the message i get.

i did move my books to a folder, and i believe this is the reason. but i cannot remember the file i originally had them under, so....

should i uninstall the ebook library and reload all my books? but i almost attempted to do so and my computer said i needed to de-authorize my computer first. if i do, can i re-authorize it again along with my 505?

or does anyone know the generic file that the ebook library used to put all the files in?
willanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #38
sam d
sam d began at the beginning.

Device: sony touch pocket
ereader library problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Courtesy of Leaping Gnome:

However, if you want to use Digital Editions, another additional step needs to be done.
1. Download the attached pim.zip and extact it somewhere
2. Edit the extracted pim.reg and change the path to the bin folder where you installed the eBook Library:
Code:
"PIM_Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Sony\\Reader\\Data\\bin\\"
All backslashes have to be doubled and there have to be two trailing ones.
3. Double-click the .reg to import it into registry.
4. That's all! Now Digital Editions should see the Reader when you connect it.
i've downloaded the sony ereader library and there seems to be some sort of problem. I can't click on anything and there's a blank black screen. Anyone help?? Please, cracking up here. Waiting for my ereader since Christmas and it just came today...how much longer do i have to wait to get e-books
sam d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #39
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam d View Post
i've downloaded the sony ereader library and there seems to be some sort of problem. I can't click on anything and there's a blank black screen. Anyone help?? Please, cracking up here. Waiting for my ereader since Christmas and it just came today...how much longer do i have to wait to get e-books
There should be a left panel, main panel and top bar which is burgundy coloured. There are some icons on the top bar to go to list mode or thumbnail mode - are you able to click on those (I've indicated with a blue arrow).

Can you post a screen capture or is the whole screen just black?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RLHelp.PNG
Views:	172
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	66392  
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam d View Post
The problem is not with Reader Library, but with your system. Something you have running on startup (can be a service not part of the OS) is interfering.

Try disabling everything, reboot and then try Reader Library. If you get Reader Library to work, then put things back one by one till you find what is the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote