Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
eAnagnostis
Enthusiast
eAnagnostis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Has Adobe Reader Mobile SDK added support for more languages?

Till now to display an ePUB in Greek properly we had to embed fonts in the ePUB file. But I have found out that there is no such need any more at least for Android apps supporting ePUB.

I have tested an ePUB file in Greek with no fonts embedded with many Android apps: Aldiko, FBReader, Moon+ Reader, Cool Reader and others. There was no problem in displaying Greek anymore.

I haven't checked this in iOS devices.

Adobe Digital Editions still has the same problems.

Aldiko has, I think, Adobe Reader Mobile SDK and a Greek app has it too. I do not know about the other apps. But I am wondering what is this explanation for this (very positive) change. Is it Adobe Reader Mobile SDK or is it someting else? Have you can across such a change for other languages too?
eAnagnostis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I believe the latest ADE lets you select your own fonts so if they are on the system you can select them. Earlier versions used an internal font only unless fonts were embedded.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
eAnagnostis
Enthusiast

I can't see any option in the lastest ADE letting you select your own fonts
Old 09-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eAnagnostis View Post
I can't see any option in the lastest ADE letting you select your own fonts
I think it may be using the system fonts. Some readers such as the latest Firmware from Hanlin does allow changing the fonts on their V3+.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
eAnagnostis
Enthusiast

I definitely have Greek fonts in my PC, but the problem remains.
Advert
Old 09-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eAnagnostis View Post
I definitely have Greek fonts in my PC, but the problem remains.
Try the 1.8 preview version. The PC ADE is really old 1.7 version.

Dale
Old 09-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
eAnagnostis
Enthusiast

I didn't know about 1.8 preview version. It didn't solve the problem. Thanx anyway