Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-03-2021, 07:52 PM   #346
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Did you try "save view columns"?
Yeah, that's where I get the "You need to use a unique name". If I have a view with that name it won't rewrite over it.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:29 PM   #347
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Are you sure you're using 'Save View Columns' (& 'Save View Sort')? Those save updates to the current view for me.

It sounds like you're clicking 'Create new View' instead...
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2021, 07:24 AM   #348
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Or maybe you are looking for "Re-apply current view"

Edit current view and save, and then hit that.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 02:15 AM   #349
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is it at all possible to make the views go in a different order than alphabetical? Mostly for the "next view" keyboard shortcut.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:22 AM   #350
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ ↑

This change should only be implemented if it can be done in a manner that retains current usage without requiring existing users to adjust settings or change their workflow.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2021, 12:50 PM   #351
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have no interest in making this change.

My own person practice when faced with an alphabetic list I'd like to manually order is to prepend letters or numbers.

"a Narrow View"
"b Another View"
"z Last View"
Old 02-18-2021, 05:53 PM   #352
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't think of that. I think I will try that. Thank you.
Old 07-09-2021, 02:32 AM   #353
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I ran into a glitch where automatically apply view can point to a nonexistent view and cause a menu glitch. Steps to replicate:

1. In VM configuration, make sure that 'Automatically Apply View' is set to "Last View Used."
2. Switch to a specific view.
3. Go to VM configuration and delete that view.
4. Restart Calibre.

Upon restart, the menu no longer appears when clicking the view manager button on the toolbar. I was able to resolve this by using Plugin Updates to access the VM configuration and setting auto-apply to a valid view.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 07-09-2021 at 02:41 AM. Reason: I can't count
Old 07-09-2021, 12:22 PM   #354
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version

Addresses ownedbycats' issue in the most simplistic way possible. Not widely tested otherwise.
Attached Files
File Type: zip View Manager.zip (106.0 KB, 145 views)
Old 07-09-2021, 01:37 PM   #355
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

That fixed it.
Old 08-27-2021, 02:13 PM   #356
mr_abomination
mr_abomination began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura
Is there a way to trigger a view when a device is connected? I want to show certain columns and rearrange the order when I connect my kobo.
mr_abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 04:09 PM   #357
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_abomination View Post
Is there a way to trigger a view when a device is connected? I want to show certain columns and rearrange the order when I connect my kobo.
No, there isn't. But you can set a hot key to trigger a view and do it a single key press. I have space bar set to apply my most common view.
Old 08-27-2021, 04:30 PM   #358
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
No, there isn't. But you can set a hot key to trigger a view and do it a single key press. I have space bar set to apply my most common view.
I use Action Chains for this. Make a chain that a single action to switch to your preferred view, then use Event Manager to set that chain to the "Device Connected" event.
Old 08-27-2021, 05:44 PM   #359
mr_abomination
mr_abomination began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I use Action Chains for this. Make a chain that a single action to switch to your preferred view, then use Event Manager to set that chain to the "Device Connected" event.
Action chains are exactly what I wanted, and is even going to help me with some other tasks I wanted to automate.

mr_abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 12:36 PM   #360
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version

2022-01-12

- Changes for upcoming Qt6 Calibre

This version contains changes necessary for the upcoming Qt6 Calibre version.

I haven't tested against every version, but this should still be backward compatible to v2.85.1 and newer.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-19-2022 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version