Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-26-2021, 08:01 AM   #1
TheRealRalf
TheRealRalf began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Automatic Imports but no title image

Hi Overthere,
when I import pdfs and epubs automatically I get no title image. When adding one by one manually they are shown. Is there some setting I'm missing? This drives me nuts :-)

I already figured out how to update all titles at once via Bulk-Action but I think it should be possible to show first page of pdf or epub as default?

Thx in advance,
Ralf
TheRealRalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do you have the setting enabled to read metadata from filenames?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:07 AM   #3
TheRealRalf

Hm, don't know. Where would I do that?
I only find the setting in the attached screenshot.

(By the way eventually a cool feature, a Search in Settings like under Android)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot 397 calibre - Preferences - Adding books.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	185635  
Old 02-26-2021, 10:08 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes that's the one, looks ok. And is there anything special aboutthe folder you are doing the automatic imports from?
Old 02-26-2021, 10:22 AM   #5
TheRealRalf

Hm, nothing I can think of. It's the download folder of Adobe DE.

The epubs and pdfs are imported but the Title Page is the default one from Calibre.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot 398 calibre — __ Calibre __.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	185636  
Old 02-26-2021, 10:49 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Try running in debug mode and see if any errors are reported when importing files via auto add. (right click the preferences button)
Old 02-26-2021, 11:06 AM   #7
TheRealRalf

Ok, I think I've got a clue:

I tried to import pdfs which are secured with AdobeDRM. DeDRM is correctly converting them, but no title page is shown.

I also tried a non-drm-ed version which shows the title page correctly.

Seems it has got sth to do with the order in which the conversion and function for title-page generation are ticked?
Old 02-26-2021, 12:12 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There's no conversion. If you mean drm removal, then yes, reading covers from drmed books is not really supported.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:39 AM   #9
TheRealRalf

Yes I meant de-drm. (Conversion would be from one format to another, like pdf to epub, right?)

I'm not a developert but isn't this just a matter of sequence? When I'm removing the DRM manually and adding it to the library the title-page is added correctly.

So I'd assume at the moment programming steps are...
1. open drm-ed file
2. check for title-page > leads to "cannot open due to DRM" > continue
3. run addons > de-drm (...convert and so forth)
4. save

Could it not be solved through simply exchanging Steps 2 and 3?
Old 02-27-2021, 10:53 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre doesnt have a dedrm capability, that comes from a third party plugin.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:13 AM   #11
TheRealRalf

Thx for your time, Kovid. Will try my luck there.

Tags
pdf, title, title page