Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-05-2024, 01:13 AM   #1051
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
this is a minor bug: I'm reading a pdf in landscape mode, zoom to 90%. Whenever I exit from the KoReader and log in again, the view mode automatically switches back from "continuous" to "page", this setting isn't saved
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 10:02 AM   #1052
Mumhan
Mumhan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Using a Kobo Aura, have had koreader working with NickelMenu quite happily for years.

Recently did a one-click install update, and now:-

- the KFmon and Plato 'icons' are in my nickel home
- clicking on the plato menuitem gives the KFmon message "launched plato.sh", but reader then restarts into Nickel
- Exiting Koreader also gives a KFmon message about readonly system memory

Is there a guide to completely removing Plato, KFmon and, possibly, KoReader and starting all over again?
Mumhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 10:40 AM   #1053
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumhan View Post
Using a Kobo Aura, have had koreader working with NickelMenu quite happily for years.

Recently did a one-click install update, and now:-

- the KFmon and Plato 'icons' are in my nickel home
- clicking on the plato menuitem gives the KFmon message "launched plato.sh", but reader then restarts into Nickel
- Exiting Koreader also gives a KFmon message about readonly system memory

Is there a guide to completely removing Plato, KFmon and, possibly, KoReader and starting all over again?
Just remove KFMon and use NickelMenu to start KOReader and Plato. That way you don't have to reinstall KFMon or hope it works with newer firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 12:26 PM   #1054
Mumhan
Mumhan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just remove KFMon and use NickelMenu to start KOReader and Plato.
Ack. I found a "kfmon uninstaller" here - did nothing; had to uninstall it using the terminal and just deleting it all.

I changed the nm stanza for the plato reader to just launch plato itself using the plato.sh script -- still doesn't work, the reader just restarts and launches nickel.

Shame really, as I really did enjoy using plato in the past.
Mumhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 01:36 PM   #1055
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
this is a minor bug: I'm reading a pdf in landscape mode, zoom to 90%. Whenever I exit from the KoReader and log in again, the view mode automatically switches back from "continuous" to "page", this setting isn't saved
Not sure about that specific setting, but some settings are temporary. To make them stick you hold on them and wait for the confirmation popup.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 10:54 PM   #1056
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by biskitttt View Post
I don't know about the font but this fixed the gyro and orientation for me. it also corrects the physical button.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-2089432884
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-2089646786
Okay biskitt, one of those links there's a piece of code that looks like this:

touch_switch_xy = true,
touch_mirrored_x = false,
touch_mirrored_y = true,

Where exactly should I add this to fix the gyroscope/buttons? Thanks!
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 02:39 AM   #1057
biskitttt
biskitttt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
Okay biskitt, one of those links there's a piece of code that looks like this:

touch_switch_xy = true,
touch_mirrored_x = false,
touch_mirrored_y = true,

Where exactly should I add this to fix the gyroscope/buttons? Thanks!

That should be on the frontend/device/kobo/device.lua
Just do a ctrl(cmd)+ F to find those specific codes and change its value. That should fix it.
biskitttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 04:38 AM   #1058
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biskitttt View Post
That should be on the frontend/device/kobo/device.lua
Just do a ctrl(cmd)+ F to find those specific codes and change its value. That should fix it.
Working! Thanks so much! After all that I think I like the Nickel OS better anyway I love the chapter names at the top!
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 10:50 AM   #1059
juliuss
juliuss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Uhm KOReader does not seem to work on my Kobo Clara Colour.

When I click on it from the NickelMenu, it just gets stuck, then show a screen with three dots alternating in which one is filled, and then gets back to the main menu again.

I have used the script in the second post to install it.
juliuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 12:20 PM   #1060
gyrene2083
gyrene2083 began at the beginning.

You should read the last few pages of this thread. It will tell you that it's not working for the new devices and the only way to get it to work for now is to add certain files manually.

Just wait until they are done with testing and release it for the new devices.
gyrene2083 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato