Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
irbit
irbit began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 301+
Russian dictionary for Pocketbook 301+

So my boss gives me his Pocketbook 301+ (bought in Ukraine) and wants me to install a Russian/English and vice versa dictionary immediately. The one he has on there at the moment has no transcription or voice.
There is an option to download Lingvo on the main page at www.pocketbook.com.ua but nothing happens when I click on it.

I have searched and searched... Can someone help me asap, please?

I don't mind paying, as long as it's a nice dictionary with audio and phonetic transcription.

Many thanks
irbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I do not think there is such dictionary available.

I have quite a few dictionaries installed. (I have purchased a kind of demonstration unit, I think) None of my dictionaries seems to have transcription or voice.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irbit View Post
Have you searched / asked here:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=32
If you so not speak Russian, view the site through
translate.google.com
Old 03-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
zilyal
Connoisseur
zilyal began at the beginning.

Device: PB 302
The new Pocketbook site is still under construction, but you could ask the Abbyy Lingvo support, which version you'll need (I think it's x3): http://www.lingvo.com/products/
In the meantime you can download a free English-Russian dictionary with transcriptions here: http://bookfast.org/pocketbook/dicti...s/eng_rus_full
zilyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:52 AM   #5
irbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilyal View Post
The new Pocketbook site is still under construction, but you could ask the Abbyy Lingvo support, which version you'll need (I think it's x3): http://www.lingvo.com/products/
In the meantime you can download a free English-Russian dictionary with transcriptions here: http://bookfast.org/pocketbook/dicti...s/eng_rus_full
Thanks, I have tried downloading it from bookfast.org - a notepad opens with weird symbols..What do I do next?
Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 06:15 AM   #6
zilyal
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks, I have tried downloading it from bookfast.org - a notepad opens with weird symbols..What do I do next?
Did you open the dictionary with notepad? Clicking on "Скачать словарь (31 МБ)" you get the following link: http://files.bookfast.org/pb/diction...g_rus_full.dic . Just save the file to disk and copy it to the reader (\system\dictionaries\) - that's all!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #7
irbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilyal View Post
Did you open the dictionary with notepad? Clicking on "Скачать словарь (31 МБ)" you get the following link: http://files.bookfast.org/pb/diction...g_rus_full.dic . Just save the file to disk and copy it to the reader (\system\dictionaries\) - that's all!
Ok, i finally managed to download the dic file. Now I can't figure out how to upload it onto the Pocketbook. i have the USB lead but nothing happens when i connect it to my PC. Help!

(Sorry, i am totally clueless when it comes to teachy stuff)
Old 03-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #8
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Ok, i finally managed to download the dic file. Now I can't figure out how to upload it onto the Pocketbook. i have the USB lead but nothing happens when i connect it to my PC. Help!
The PocketBook must be switched on when you connect it to the PC.
What do you see?
Does green LED diode on PocketBook change the color to red?
Old 03-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #9
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
So my boss gives me his Pocketbook 301+ (bought in Ukraine) and wants me to install a Russian/English and vice versa dictionary immediately. The one he has on there at the moment has no transcription or voice.
There is an option to download Lingvo on the main page at www.pocketbook.com.ua but nothing happens when I click on it.

I don't mind paying, as long as it's a nice dictionary with audio and phonetic transcription.

Many thanks
Where did you buy your PB? All devices, sold in US come with English-Russian dictionary already installed, plus you may download a Russian-English dictionary from www.PocketBookReader.com, look for it in /Support menu
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:05 AM   #10
zilyal
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbit
So my boss gives me his Pocketbook 301+ (bought in Ukraine)...
Where did you buy your PB?

Btw, irbit is looking for a dictionary with audio (is this possible with PB?) and phonetic transcription...