Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #1
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Run Calibre in Debug Mode Output to File

I'm having an intermittent problem, and wold like to start up Calibre every time in debug mode so I can post what's going on.

Are there any parameters that I can add to my shortcut to have Calibre start up in debug mode, like it does when you restart Calibre in debug mode from preferences?

I'd like to run right from the get go in debug mode with the output going to a text file, since, every time I restart Calibre in debug mode, the problem goes away. It always goes away when I restart Calibre, whether in debug mode or not, so I'd like to start up in debug mode to begin with.

I'd like to try to capture a few failures to see what is going on if I can...
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:58 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
All you need to do is start calibre with the command "calibre-debug -g" and optionally redirect that to a file.

I use linux, so it is easy to override calibre's startup command with a shellscript in ~/bin/calibre :
Code:
#!/bin/bash

if [ $# -eq 0 ] || [[ "$1" = "--detach" ]]; then
    echo -e "\n\n\nStarting calibre at $(date).\n\n\n" >> /tmp/calibre-debug-$USER.log 2>&1
    calibre-debug -g 2>&1 | tee -a /tmp/calibre-debug-$USER.log 
else
    /usr/bin/calibre $@
fi
[eschwartz@vostro ~/git/pkgbuilds]$
On Windows, you will have to start calibre from a batch file "calibre-debug.bat":
Code:
calibre-debug -g > %TEMP%\calibre-debug-%USERNAME%.log
And make sure to always start using the batch file.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert