Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-07-2004, 05:09 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
GMail Drive for Windows

This one is HOT and was previously only available on *nix-based systems!!

GMail Drive is a free Shell Namespace Extension that creates a virtual filesystem around your Google GMail account, allowing you to use GMail as a storage medium with MS Windows.

Note that GMail Drive is still an experimental tool. There's still a number of limitations of the file-system (such as total filename size must be less than 40 characters), and it doesn't make full use of the secure internet protocols available.

Did I already mention that Alex still has some free Gmail invites left?
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:13 PM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I've still got 6 invites too (they keep topping them up, and I keep giving them away )

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2004, 06:06 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It works as advertised. Installed it, and file transfer appears faster than when I email the same sized attachment, which is pretty nice.

Yet, I don't believe this lasts long. Imagine if people start sharing terabytes of copyrighted data… Google must pull the trigger then!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 06:11 AM   #4
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.2 has been released and includes the following changes:

* "Send To" context menu
* Option to preserve filenames in attachments
* Option to use HTTPS only (secure)
* Cookies don't interfere with GMail Notifier
* Proxy authentication support
* Several bugfixes

http://www.aimlesswords.com/archives...7/gmail_drive/
Old 11-08-2004, 05:27 AM   #5
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!

Gmail Drive 1.03 is out which should take care of Google's recent changes to their login procedures.
Advert
Old 12-11-2004, 04:49 PM   #6
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!

Gmail Drive 1.04 is out with a few bug fixes, especially related to filenames.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:03 PM   #7
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Morpheus, is your gmail drive still working? I DL'd and installed it today, but I haven't been able to make it work.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:29 AM   #8
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco
Morpheus, is your gmail drive still working? I DL'd and installed it today, but I haven't been able to make it work.
Francesco,
I just downloaded and installed v1.05 and it is working for me. It's not very fast but I was definitely able to copy files to the Gmail drive the program created in My Computer. All I did was right click the drive and put in my login info.

Is it giving you any specific errors?
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 02:22 AM   #9
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

First a dialog window appears with the name "gmail query" and the message "logging onto gmail", in English, generated by Gmail drive, I assume.
After a while, another window says "loging failed, unable to resolve server name or address" (rough translation), in Spanish, generated by Windows.
I double-checked the password.
I guess I'll have to mail myself the files I'd like to upload, LOL.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:40 PM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Francesco make sure to update to the latest version 1.0.5 of Gmail Drive:
Quote:
14 Jan. update: While Google keeps improving their GMail service, they also tend to break the tool's ability to connect to GMail. Version 1.0.5 was released to overcome the latest changes. Please be aware that support for this tool may suspend at any time if Google decides to block its use.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:59 PM   #11
Francesco
Aficionado

That's the version I'm using. Anyway, I don't really need it. Also, I don't use the windows explorer, so emailing some files to myself would be less cumbersome.
Thanks!
Old 01-19-2005, 08:03 PM   #12
Francesco
Aficionado

That's the version I'm using. Thanks, but I just gave up: since I don't use the windows explorer, emailing files to myself is the less cumbersome solution.
Thanks, again.