Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #1
Kanila G
Groupie
Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The poor bedraggled kitten - a children's story

I wrote this book for my 2 year old daughter who loves cats.
It is about a little girl who gives shelter to a little kitten caught in the rain.
She enjoyed it thoroughly and so I decided to share it with others. It is free and available for download at:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/462554

and

https://sites.google.com/site/kanika...raggled_kitten

PS. I posted this earlier but I did not meet the forum rules from ignorace. My bad and I apologize.
Kanila G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Sounds like a sweet little tale. Thanks for posting it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #3
Kanila G
Groupie
Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kanila G ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks crich70. If any of you read it to your kids I'd appreciate the feedback. thanks
Old 08-15-2014, 12:43 AM   #4
acitore
acitore began at the beginning.

Device: none
With the word 'bedraggled', it sounds depressing. Have you thought of a synonym to use that would also be easier for a child to say?
acitore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:50 AM   #5
Kanila G
Groupie

@acitore: Thanks for the input. In this particular case I was trying to teach my daughter some ambitious words to see how she would take to them. She seemed to still like the story. The body of the story has a few difficult words too. I tried to use words that sound complicated, but have relatively simple meanings. My idea was to tell her that just because a word is big does not mean it is scary. In that way this book is different from the rest I have written. The rest can be found at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/GeeKanika and dont have difficult words in them, at least not intentionally.

I did not think about it sounding depressing though. i'll keep that in mind in the future. Luckily the rest of the books I have written so far happen to have cheery titles.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-31-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:28 AM   #6
RenzoX
RenzoX began at the beginning.

I like your stories They're original and innocent. And then you have the lil pictures too for visual. Theyre cute. Good job.
RenzoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:45 AM   #7
Kanila G
Groupie

@RenzoX: Thank you for the encouraging words. They are much appreciated, specially since this is my first foray in to writing and confidence is not my strong suit.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #8
RenzoX
RenzoX began at the beginning.

Writing is art. You just need to find your craft. Once you start writing more you'll start to understand how to bring your work to its fullest potential.
RenzoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:45 AM   #9
Kanila G
Groupie

The poor bedraggled kitten is the first book of the Tania Series. Try it out. if you like it, there are 5 more books in this series.

See https://www.smashwords.com/books/byseries/16778 for all books in this series.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:12 AM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanila G View Post
@acitore: Thanks for the input. In this particular case I was trying to teach my daughter some ambitious words to see how she would take to them. She seemed to still like the story. The body of the story has a few difficult words too. I tried to use words that sound complicated, but have relatively simple meanings. My idea was to tell her that just because a word is big does not mean it is scary. In that way this book is different from the rest I have written. The rest can be found at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/GeeKanika and dont have difficult words in them, at least not intentionally.

I did not think about it sounding depressing though. i'll keep that in mind in the future. Luckily the rest of the books I have written so far happen to have cheery titles.
And the occasional 'difficult' word helps to develop a child's vocabulary.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:55 AM   #11
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
"Bedraggled" is fine. It has character. Better to be hung for a sheep than being bland. Reminds me of my cat I adopted from a shelter. Poor little bugger. She's getting fatter now
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:10 PM   #12
Kanila G
Groupie

@crich70 & Rizla. Thanks. My daughter loves to say the word bedraggled now.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:00 AM   #13
Kanila G
Groupie

The book is available free in both EPUB and AZW3 (kindle) formats at https://sites.google.com/site/kanika...raggled_kitten
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover_kitten_mobile.png
Views:	152
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	128359  
Old 10-01-2014, 04:24 AM   #14
Kanila G
Groupie

This book is now a part of the collection at Free Kids Books and is also available in pdf format at my website.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:10 AM   #15
Kanila G
Groupie

This books is now available free at
Overdrive
Any librarians here who would consider stocking it in their libraries?

Also available free at:
Kobo store