Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-03-2015, 12:23 PM   #1
geggi69
geggi69 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx T68
T68 issues with some ereader app

Hi, I have a T68 bought from Boxtor and I searching for "the best ereader app"
I installed a lot on my device but I found that some are not working properly, e.g. moonreader+ or tolino eraeder when I open a book shows me a blank screen.

morevoer I noticed also a strange behavior from the standard readed: a book I was reading it's showing me suddendly blank pages as well, while for other books everything is working fine

Anyone else noticed such strange behavior?
geggi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:40 PM   #2
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
I've noticed that on Moon+ Reader Pro sometimes. Clicking next page or prev page fixes it for me. A minor annoyance.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2015, 12:53 PM   #3
geggi69
geggi69 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcLaren View Post
I've noticed that on Moon+ Reader Pro sometimes. Clicking next page or prev page fixes it for me. A minor annoyance.
not for me, unfortunately
geggi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If it happened more often I'd agree with you. It only happens occasionally for me.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
nknouf
Enthusiast
nknouf began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96 Universe
I don't know about the T68, but on the M96 the best I've found is AlReader (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rland.alreader). It's actually designed, in part, for eInk displays, and it correctly handles screen refreshes, hardware buttons, and so on. It's completely navigable on the M96 using hardware buttons alone. Important for me, it also saves citations in a text-based format, and can sync and export easily to Dropbox, so I don't lose those citations in case something happens with the app or my device.
nknouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2015, 01:51 AM   #6
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
I have also had the blank screen problem in Moon Reader. It usually goes away if i exit and re-enter the program or, more conveniently, by holding down the upper left side button (menu button) which refreshes the T68's screen. You can also play around with the themes in Moon Reader as well, maybe that has something to do with it.

Good luck.
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:40 PM   #7
JimMcLaren
Addict

I noticed the blank screen happening more consistently so had stopped using Moon+ Reader. I've upgraded to the latest Booxtor firmware (from 2/5/15) and the problems seems to be resolved.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:02 AM   #8
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
I used Moon+ Reader for about 2 months, but after i left it for AlReader: Moon+ Reader had too many ghosting issue (it's no possibile with this app to set screen refreshes). OReader is based on AlReader but AlReader is update more frequently. I use now AlReader for epub files and Neo Reader for pdf file.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote