Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
Handritten notes can be easily saved on the T-1

Handwritten notes on the T-1 can be saved on a desktop computer easily. When writing the note, simply press the button on the far right of the T-1, and then Capture Screenshot.

An image of the note is saved and is visible in Multimedia >> Pictures on the device itself.

To save these on a desktop computer, simply connect the reader and open with a file manager. The pictures are stored as jpg files in this directory: Sony PRS-T1 > Sony_Reader > media > images > snaphw.

The Sony Reader software saves notes, too, but you may prefer a local copy, like me.

The jpgs are static, of course, so they can't be modified again in the reader. Also the original dates the notes were written are not retained, only the dates when the screenshot was made.

no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Great find! It only works on the handwriting from the notes page, though, not if you enter a handwriting note in the middle of a book.

But still this is great news for what I wanted.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad it's helpful!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #4
sjvs
Enthusiast
sjvs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
What about this plugin for Calibre (which works much better than the Sony Reader software for your PC anyway): it merges handwritten notes on PDF books with the original file, creating a new PDF with the notes included. See this thread for more info:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2050213

Hope this helps!
sjvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Appreciate the link, but my need is to have a copy of the handwriting in just the note form, not any connected to a book.

i.e., I will use the T1 as a notebook when I'm out.

AJ

ps. just noticed the thread for the new program "Noteworks", looks interesting.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
no.guru
Crazy like a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjvs View Post
What about this plugin for Calibre...[/url]
Hi, sjvs. Even though PDFs are one of the the least preferred formats, it's the only one available for some books, so this should be helpful.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-22-2017, 07:48 PM   #7
oklima
oklima began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
You can save the files as SVG

Hi, I found that if you copy the '*.note' files from the 'K:\Sony_Reader\media\notepads' reader to the desktop, then rename them, from .note to .svg, you can print them from internet explorer (or another browser that is fine to draw svg files)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no.guru View Post
Handwritten notes on the T-1 can be saved on a desktop computer easily. When writing the note, simply press the button on the far right of the T-1, and then Capture Screenshot.

An image of the note is saved and is visible in Multimedia >> Pictures on the device itself.

To save these on a desktop computer, simply connect the reader and open with a file manager. The pictures are stored as jpg files in this directory: Sony PRS-T1 > Sony_Reader > media > images > snaphw.

The Sony Reader software saves notes, too, but you may prefer a local copy, like me.

The jpgs are static, of course, so they can't be modified again in the reader. Also the original dates the notes were written are not retained, only the dates when the screenshot was made.

oklima is offline   Reply With Quote