Banned
lingchi9 began at the beginning.

Device: none
we can use the pc to unlock it.
lingchi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #32
GameGod
Enthusiast
GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingchi9 View Post
we can use the pc to unlock it.
pc to unlock what?
GameGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #33
GameGod
Enthusiast
GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GameGod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New version released, first post updated.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #34
AngusSF
AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Devices
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGod View Post
In the mean time, you could side load the app onto the non-market devices. The only down side is that you would not get the Pro features.

Please let me know if that doesn't work.

Thanks.
Where can I get the .APK to sideload it? Can't download it from the Android Market without a Market account, and the VirtualBox Android "tablet" I have doesn't support the Market app.

[Edit] I tried setting the User-Agent on my PC Firefox to simulate an Android device, but to no avail. Couldn't download the .APK :-(, and I certainly am not going to searce for a downloadable copy from an untrusted site given all the 'droid malware that is floating around.

Last edited by AngusSF; 12-07-2011 at 05:16 PM.
AngusSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #35
GameGod
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusSF View Post
Where can I get the .APK to sideload it? Can't download it from the Android Market without a Market account, and the VirtualBox Android "tablet" I have doesn't support the Market app.

[Edit] I tried setting the User-Agent on my PC Firefox to simulate an Android device, but to no avail. Couldn't download the .APK :-(, and I certainly am not going to searce for a downloadable copy from an untrusted site given all the 'droid malware that is floating around.
I've attached the last released version. Please remove the .zip extension and install the app on your device.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AldikoSync.apk.zip (325.0 KB, 360 views)
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #36
JxK
Enthusiast
JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, NC CM 7.2
I have a rooted nook str, and a NC with CM7, so those two devices can sync with your program. What I'd like to ask is if there's anyway to also sync my PC to said devices?
JxK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #37
GameGod
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxK View Post
I have a rooted nook str, and a NC with CM7, so those two devices can sync with your program. What I'd like to ask is if there's anyway to also sync my PC to said devices?
How do you use Aldiko on the PC?
Old 12-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #38
montymaverick
montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S
I can't seem to get it to sync. I've added a dropbox folder to the sync program & copied books to this folder.

The sync runs, but it doesn't find any in dropbox. It only adds the books from Alkido to the dropbox folder, although there are other books in the folder.

If I delete a book in Aldiko, it is removed from dropbox, but if I delete a book in dropbox, or add a book, it does not sync.
montymaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:22 AM   #39
AngusSF
AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngusSF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Devices
Quote:
How do you use Aldiko on the PC?
You need to set up an Android Virtual Machine.
AngusSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #40
GameGod
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by montymaverick View Post
I can't seem to get it to sync. I've added a dropbox folder to the sync program & copied books to this folder.

The sync runs, but it doesn't find any in dropbox. It only adds the books from Alkido to the dropbox folder, although there are other books in the folder.

If I delete a book in Aldiko, it is removed from dropbox, but if I delete a book in dropbox, or add a book, it does not sync.
The app is meant to keep the eBooks that are in Aldiko in sync across your different devices.

The dropbox location is used by the app to store eBooks and sync info. Direct manipulation of items in the folder will not be picked up by the app.

Please try adding the new books to Aldiko on one of your devices. Once they are added to Aldiko on one device they will appear on the other(s) and remain in sync via my app.

Let me know if that doesn't work.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #41
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusSF View Post
You need to set up an Android Virtual Machine.
Can you point me in the direction to learn how to do this?
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #42
montymaverick
montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montymaverick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
The app is meant to keep the eBooks that are in Aldiko in sync across your different devices.

The dropbox location is used by the app to store eBooks and sync info. Direct manipulation of items in the folder will not be picked up by the app.

Please try adding the new books to Aldiko on one of your devices. Once they are added to Aldiko on one device they will appear on the other(s) and remain in sync via my app.

Let me know if that doesn't work.
Thanks for the info...I will have to try it out as soon as I get my Tab. ;-)

It would be awesome if It would sync with dropbox changes

I was really looking for a way to maintain my library from outside. Library maintenance inside of Aldiko is pretty poor (at least for me), having to upload the books to a folder & then import them & individually delete them is a pain in the butt.

I tried using DropBox & creating a catalog, but then I don't have the shelf view & have to download each book.
montymaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #43
GameGod
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by montymaverick View Post
I tried using DropBox & creating a catalog, but then I don't have the shelf view & have to download each book.
Sorry, can you explain what you did? I don't follow.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #44
GameGod
Enthusiast

New version released. First post updated with the details.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #45
GameGod
Enthusiast

New version released, first post updated with the details.

Tags
aldiko, ebooks, sync