Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
sdmama
Enthusiast
sdmama doesn't littersdmama doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505 and 700 and Kindle 2
Kindle 2 Price Drop at Amazon

I just noticed that the Kindle 2 is selling for $299 on Amazon.
sdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You're right! Cool!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Very nice. They did it in the last couple hours too. I was looking at the Kindle page earlier this morning and it was still at the former price then.
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
crazyTash
Enthusiast
crazyTash began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, eBookwise 1150
I really wish I was in the States right about now
crazyTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
ht1948
ht1948 doesn't litterht1948 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hmm, a very early price drop, given that the Kindle 2 came out just a few months ago. Good for consumers though.
ht1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ht1948 View Post
Hmm, a very early price drop, given that the Kindle 2 came out just a few months ago. Good for consumers though.
True, makes me wonder whether this is a good sign or a bad sign.
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
The below thread was also posted about this

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50494

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminkitt View Post
The Kindle 2 price dropped to $299 today on Amazon.com. Anyone who had a Kindle 2 ship within the last 30 days can get in touch with Amazon Customer Service for a $60 refund of the difference. I called them 5 minutes ago and it took about 2 minutes to get the refund.

That's a pretty nice price drop and adds substantially to the competitiveness of the Kindle IMHO!

Last edited by dreams; 07-08-2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: add link
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The official thread is https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50498
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Technically, per the time stamp, this thread was first, so posts should be directed here.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Technically, per the time stamp, this thread was first, so posts should be directed here.
Yep, I posted the news before I looked for threads about it. I will add a link to this thread.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote