Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Website and Kobo desktop issues

I am having a problem with both the kobobooks.com website and the desktop app. Both seem to be having problems rendering some images - this has only happened this morning, last night it was perfect.

On the website under My library all the buttons to download epubs are missing, and when you browse books, many covers are replaced with a grey empty box (not the same as the red cross box that you get in IE sometimes, this is a simple grey square). I've tried using Chrome and Firefox, same result.

In the kobo desktop, the shop is HTML based only, no images at all. I logged out of the desktop then back in again, then sync'd - all my books downloaded again without covers - and without even the publisher generic covers.

also tried via my phone (3G so not connected to my router). Was unable to connect to the site at all.

Is this just a problem at my end - in which case I'll wait and hopefully it will go away - or are others seeing problems as well (it is Canada Day so maybe the site has issues they aren't aware of).
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Must be just me - the same thing has now happened to mobileread.com, all HTML based.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
The Kobo Desktop application (using Chrome) and the Kobobooks website show no problems on my computer. Whenever I have problems similar to the ones you describe I power off my router and after a power on the problem is usually gone.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
GrammaGoofus
GrammaGoofus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch Edition
I am dismayed using the Kobo Desktop as I constantly run into the "Not responding". I use Google Chrome. Upon suggestions, I uninstalled and reinstalled without success.
GrammaGoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaGoofus View Post
I am dismayed using the Kobo Desktop as I constantly run into the "Not responding". I use Google Chrome. Upon suggestions, I uninstalled and reinstalled without success.
Are you using the Kobo Desktop app (standalone program) or using Chrome to browse to one of the kobo sites? Two different things.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote