Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-02-2021, 10:24 AM   #331
serjls
serjls began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo, PocketBook 626
Hello there! Happy New Year! Tolino Vision 4HD, when night mode is turned on, Koreader shuts down. Firmware 4.1.0, Koreader v2020. 12 and nightly. Thanks!
serjls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:33 AM   #332
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Which nightly, exactly, and with logs, please .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2021, 11:35 AM   #333
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Hw rotation on "notched" devices was disabled in https://github.com/koreader/android-...6baf46661a6bca

Make sure you're using the last version. 2020.12.

If you can still reproduce on last stable feel free to submit a bug report (and attach required info there)
Ok the last version worked well

Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:16 AM   #334
serjls

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Which nightly, exactly, and with logs, please .
Hello there! It looks like this:

nightly - v2020.12-68-g32b28c0_2020-12-31 and v2020.12-72-g5756f1f_2021-01-02.
I'm sorry, but I can't find the log. The ~/koreader *.log or *.crash folder was not found. Thanks!

Last edited by serjls; 01-03-2021 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:08 AM   #335
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You'll need adb to get logs on Android.

adb logcat KOReader:I ActivityManager:* AndroidRuntime:* DEBUG:* *:F dlopen:*

Also, on a *current* nightly, see if it works after ticking "Tools > More tools > Developer options > Disable C blitter".

(If you don't actually see that setting, your nightly is too old).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-03-2021 at 10:11 AM.
Advert
Old 01-03-2021, 11:13 AM   #336
serjls

Quote:
Also, on a *current* nightly, see if it works after ticking "Tools > More tools > Developer options > Disable C blitter".
This action solved the problem! Thank you very much!
Old 01-03-2021, 11:48 AM   #337
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I'd still very much like to see a log, because that's a workaround, many, many other things will do the same thing that mysteriously crashes your device.

EDIT: Well, okay, no, nothing else actually uses invertblitFrom/BB_invert_blit_from; but a lot of stuff uses similar code constructs. And the 2020.12 stable wasn't in fact using it either.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-03-2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:34 PM   #338
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
Ok the last version worked well

Good to know! You're welcome.

Keep in mind that disabling HW rotation was a workaround and is still something very ugly, specially if you use 3rd party dict apps on top of KOReader (as apps will pick the native orientation of your device, which is usually portrait, even when KO is configured to landscape)

I hope that somebody with a notched device will fix the underlying issue and we can switch to native rotation again.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 06:30 AM   #339
serjls

Hello!
Quote:
adb logcat KOReader:I ActivityManager:* AndroidRuntime:* DEBUG:* *:F dlopen:*
Code:
I/ActivityManager( 2466): Process org.koreader.launcher (pid 2911) has died.
W/ActivityManager( 2466): Force removing ActivityRecord{41a3b540 u0 org.koreader.launcher/.MainActivity t10}: app died, no saved state
A complete session log
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log.txt (55.0 KB, 198 views)
Old 01-04-2021, 10:03 AM   #340
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@serjls: Well, not much going on there, but that was to be expected. Thanks! Still no idea why that would crash, but, oh, well. Admittedly a minor miracle this works on KitKat at all to begin with.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:33 PM   #341
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@serjls: FWIW, this will be fixed in tomorrow's nightly . (Turned out to be a Tolino-since-the-Rakuten-merger allergy ;p).

(c.f., https://github.com/koreader/koreader-base/pull/1293 and the discussion thread linked to it).
Old 01-24-2021, 03:58 AM   #342
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Actually I didn't include that in my bump, but perhaps we should do a 2021.1.1 on Wednesday then.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:32 AM   #343
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, kinda jumped the gun there ;p.
Old 02-02-2021, 02:32 AM   #344
mx400
mx400 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm currently using koreader on a kobo and planning to buy the new boox nova 3. But im wondering how koreader would work on an android device.
Can i make koreader launch on the device unlock or do i have to start the app manualy every time?
mx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:59 AM   #345
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
On the Onyx NotePro the device can be suspended while Koreader is opened as an app. Upon waking Koreader is still open and active.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote