Notices

Old 03-09-2020, 06:55 PM   #1
sources
sources began at the beginning.

Device: tolino shine 3
Firmware Images, Customizing the Tolino, & More

Kobo_Clara_HD.zip - Stock Kobo Clara 600 mb file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14D...Kv-_hhD8bxodCR

Someone did a tear apart and found only a slight difference in one of the parts between the Clara and tolino If anyone has the know how they might be able to get each others images working.

Tolino - Stock Tolino 600mb file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pt...QG-UZ8AheuKAo3

These below are my modded images with 2.5 system partitions

Tolino_Android_32gb -7gb file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18C...c6XI3hiORF6WtR

This one should go on anything 8gb plus
Tolino_Android_Acro 2gb file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dB...G-3AsDImqKcsQz

light bleed fix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxqVLnosNTI

Peripathetic mods - Patchs and EPubProd.apk
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=327186
Ryogo's TWRP for Tolino Shine 3

Launcher and apps from
https://allesebook.de/anleitung/toli...-video-978782/

XBrowser
Terminal_Emulator
kindle apk just install
ko reader
magisk_manager - root management

Also on mine today I installed moon reader which is very nice.

I like this reader I thinks it's the best one out so far.
the light bleed is b ad but not horrible. like a tn or vg monitor panel
wish it didn't have the bezel I carry this puppy in my pocket so that 1in would be a big deal. might even take the metal sides off the inside someday and 3d print a case, Please someone beat me to this and share or sell it

any ways those are my mods for this device. Don't have one try ordering one from https://www.ebook.de/de/ they say they ship over seas for a fee.
I was lucky enough to find one used local in North America.
sources is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #2
Peripathetic
Enthusiast
Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sources View Post
Someone did a tear apart and found only a slight difference in one of the parts between the Clara and tolino If anyone has the know how they might be able to get each others images working.
The difference is the SoC (CPU):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peripathetic View Post
[...] the system board part # on the Tolino (37NB-E60K00+4A4) is identical to what's on the Kobo, according to screenshots on the Internet. On the other hand, the SoC part # on the Tolino is MCIMX6L8DVN10AB (NXP Freescale i.MX 6SoloLite). I could not find any Clara screenshots where the SoC part # would be legible but it's reported to be MCIMX6V7DVN10AB (SLL) elsewhere.
Part # reference:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SoC Part # - i.MX 6 SLL.png
Views:	1070
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	177617 Click image for larger version

Name:	SoC Part # - i.MX 6 SoloLite.png
Views:	817
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	177618

Datasheet:
Other than that, they seem pretty much the same. Both are built on the Netronix NTX-6SL platform.

Last edited by Peripathetic; 03-10-2020 at 09:50 AM.
Peripathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2020, 05:45 AM   #3
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
@Peripathetic
Yes, that's right.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kobo Clara HD.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	177646   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tolino Shine3.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	346.6 KB
ID:	177647   Click image for larger version

Name:	KT.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	177648  

Last edited by Waldy; 03-11-2020 at 05:50 AM.
Waldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:13 AM   #4
sources

Awesome guys! Ill update my post accordingly tomorrow. I have kobo people routed here for the image so they can read what we are trying to get done. Ill be gone for a day so anyone that request the images just hang on tight i'll get you. Also I was just following the norm here and ill just unlock these images to download anytime if that is aloud here? everyone does pm here. Also it would be great to hear if it works first so i'm not bricking peoples devices. Waldy have you tired them yet? Also is there any assembly coder people here on MR that we can try to enlighten on this subject? Thanks
Old 03-12-2020, 11:36 AM   #5
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Imagine having dual boot on our Tolinos
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2020, 07:45 PM   #6
sources

Moon-reader was taking to much battery. I switched to an older version that works great
Moon-Reader-Pro-5_2_6

I switched to No Launcher Only.apk because the other was taking battery.

In dev options there are two boxes at the bottom to have only one app work at a time.

This works really great. I'm 16 days in with 25% battery life still left.

check https://www.mydealz.de/deals/thalia-...hine-3-1549276

and click Price comparison

Too check out best price and if anyone orders in the usa let me know how it goes.

https://www.mydealz.de/visit/threadd...roduct_6332951

Thanks
Old 04-04-2020, 10:16 AM   #7
Blusky
Blusky began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino shine
I need image sd card for Tolino shine 1 o kobo glo no HD. Please help me
Blusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 04:13 PM   #8
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

@Blusky

Last edited by issybird; 04-05-2020 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Link to licensed firmware.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:16 AM   #9
arslanmir2021992
arslanmir2021992 began at the beginning.

Device: tolino shine
method to flash firmware in sd card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldy View Post
@Blusky

hi i am new to this . i have tolino shine 1 . i was updating firmware and bricked it . then i come to this forum . san anyone explain a method to flash this zip to sd card please . or send me link to some post . really thanks for the stock zip @waldy and others thanks

Last edited by issybird; 04-05-2020 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Edit quote.
arslanmir2021992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:51 AM   #10
Waldy
Connoisseur

I am writing with Google Translate.

Shine1 there are two different motherboard. Basically, everyone has number 1 on their hands. The images that I posted are suitable for number 1.
I also have for number 2, if necessary.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	shine1.jpg
Views:	1212
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	178111  
Old 04-05-2020, 11:47 AM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Please don’t link to licensed firmware in the open forum.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 01:11 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Hi, Waldy. You might want to check the Kobo forum and see how davidfor handles requests for firmware images by using private messaging. While I doubt that Kobo/Tolino would have strong objections to posting links, the private messaging helps to ensure that MobileRead will not come to the attention of corporate sharks lawyers.

My apologies if I am stepping on anyone's toes by posting this message.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:04 PM   #13
arslanmir2021992
arslanmir2021992 began at the beginning.

Device: tolino shine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldy View Post
I am writing with Google Translate.

Shine1 there are two different motherboard. Basically, everyone has number 1 on their hands. The images that I posted are suitable for number 1.
I also have for number 2, if necessary.
really thanks @waldy my tolino is fixed really thanks 👍🏻🤗🤗
this firmware file you sent fixed. i used usb image tool (usbit.zip)

and used your image .
arslanmir2021992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:28 PM   #14
Waldy
Connoisseur

@DNSB
Thanks for the information, I did not know about it. I'll keep it on mind.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:04 AM   #15
roffinator
roffinator began at the beginning.

Device: tolino shine (1, 2017)
Hi guys
I would like to jailbrake/root my tolino shine. But for the method I have found (via recovery-file) the software on the tolino needs to be on v1.0 or 1.1, mine is still on 1.2.0 after factoryreset. Can anyone help me with finding some way of further downgrading it?
maybe @waldy , it seems you have something helpful

on the other hand, if someone knows a way of rooting with newer versions of the software, I'd give it a shot as well

thank you in advance
roffinator is offline   Reply With Quote