Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
protodoll
protodoll began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Droid RAZR
Kobo in one country with a billing address in another

I hope this question hasn't been asked -- in my search I saw it asked about Kindle but I think the Kobo and the Kindle work differently when it comes to geo restrictions.

Basically: I want to buy a Kobo for someone who currently lives in Thailand. He has a Canadian credit card and a Canadian billing address. When buying books how would it determine his geographical restrictions? Would he be able to buy ebooks in the Canadian bookstore in CAD, or would he only be able to buy books available to Thailand (are there even any?)?

Last edited by protodoll; 12-11-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes abound!
protodoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
With a Canadian address and a Canadian CC number, he would buy from the Canadian store in CAD.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Laste year when we went to Britain, my wife was able to buy books from Kobo with a Canadian Credit Card, and a Canadian Billing address.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, geographical restrictions, thailand