Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-06-2022, 06:40 PM   #1
ShaolinRick
ShaolinRick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
can't connect my old Kindle 3G

Hello, I'm new in this so need some help please.
I've just repair an old Kindle 3G that my wife had forgotten, everything went right till I try to enter my amazon account, it keeps telling me that the user or password isn't right.

I chat with amazon service and, after many attempts, resets, etc. They tell me there's nothing I can do, the device won't connect and my amazon ebooks won't pair (and give me 15% disccount for a new kindle).

I'm writing in this forum to find help if there's something I can do, via jailbreack, hacks or anything, thanks in advance to anyone who reads my sad kindle history.

Sorry if something isn't well written, english isn't my native lenguage.

Thaks again!
ShaolinRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 08:02 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
What is the precise model name or nickname as listed on
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2022, 09:24 PM   #3
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Read that the FCC said that 3g service is to end by the end of 2022; for all carriers.

Verizon had postponed their 3g shutdown several times beginning 1 1/2 years ago & stopped activating new accounts over 1 year ago; that is when I opted to get a 4g phone from another provider which uses the Verizon network.

I had to get something for my pacemaker which uses 3g; was able to obtain a bluetooth/wifi adaptor to my lan for sending in the pacemaker data.

Didn't the Kindle also have wifi alternative? I don't use or have cell connections on my tablets.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 07:32 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You might want to try turning off 2-factor authentication on your Amazon account before attempting it.

If you have it on, you have to supply the code Amazon sends to your phone/email (I cannot remember if you enter it as part of the password, or if a separate dialog is supposed to come up). With it turned off you would just supply the password as normal (and you can turn it back on after this experiment). At least this will help isolate the issue.

With the latest Paperwhite (maybe it works with any Bluetooth-enabled Kindle that can run the latest software?) you can register using the Kindle app for iOS/Android (maybe newer Fires). It has a way to share the WiFi and Amazon credentials with the Kindle (using Bluetooth). I did this with mine. But that is of no help in your situation.

Last edited by tomsem; 01-08-2022 at 07:36 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon account, error, kindle, repair