Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-18-2020, 05:46 PM   #796
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
It seems to convert to KFX if I tick "Perform error tolerant conversion"
Great.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:54 AM   #797
Igorlima
Igorlima began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th Generation
Problem opening kfx in previewer with the bot

Hi! Thank you for the plugin!
The only thing that is still not working for me is that after I exe the bot as administrator I still get this message when I try to open a kfx book in the previewer.
Ps: I only found the 3.38 version of the Kindle Previewer.

If you could help me I would be very grateful!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unsupported.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	177898  
Igorlima is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2020, 08:58 AM   #798
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorlima View Post
The only thing that is still not working for me is that after I exe the bot as administrator I still get this message when I try to open a kfx book in the previewer.
See the second post in this thread: Open KFX with Kindle Previewer 3

Quote:
Ps: I only found the 3.38 version of the Kindle Previewer.
That just came out. I have not had a chance to try it yet.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:16 AM   #799
Igorlima

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
See the second post in this thread: Open KFX with Kindle Previewer 3
I already saw that post and followed the steps in there, but I still got that massage.

Quote:
That just came out. I have not had a chance to try it yet.
You think the problem is that is the 3.38 version of the previewer? Is so, you know where I can download the 3.37 version?

Thank you, for the reply!
Old 03-25-2020, 09:25 AM   #800
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I already saw that post and followed the steps in there, but I still got that massage.
That error message shows that the batch file from post #2 is not working for you. Try following the steps in that post again to install it.

Quote:
You think the problem is that is the 3.38 version of the previewer? Is so, you know where I can download the 3.37 version?
No. It does not depend on the Previewer version.
Advert
Old 03-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #801
Igorlima

Quote:
That error message shows that the batch file from post #2 is not working for you. Try following the steps in that post again to install it.
I tried follow the steps again, but its still not working.

When I run as administrator the .bat file It says that it wasn't possible to locate C:\Users\igorl\AppData\Local\Temp\open_previewer_k fx_*.azw8

Dont know if that affects the .bat file but I changed the location of my calibre library
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bat.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	177902  
Old 03-25-2020, 01:06 PM   #802
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I tried follow the steps again, but its still not working.

When I run as administrator the .bat file It says that it wasn't possible to locate C:\Users\igorl\AppData\Local\Temp\open_previewer_k fx_*.azw8

Dont know if that affects the .bat file but I changed the location of my calibre library
The calibre library location does not matter.

I don’t know I why it is not working for you. As an alternative you can save your KFX file to disk, rename the file extension from .kfx to .azw8, and open that with the Previewer.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:37 PM   #803
Igorlima

Quote:
The calibre library location does not matter.

I don’t know I why it is not working for you. As an alternative you can save your KFX file to disk, rename the file extension from .kfx to .azw8, and open that with the Previewer.
I see, thank you.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:20 AM   #804
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

The KFX Output plugin makes use of an undocumented conversion function (KFXGenApp) within the Kindle Previewer for KPF conversion. The Previewer no longer uses this function itself and in the latest Previewer version (3.38) it contains a bug that leads to failure to convert some books that use SVG images. Since that function is now deprecated it is unlikely to be fixed in the future.

I intend to update this plugin to instead use the documented and supported command line interface (CLI) of the Previewer for performing conversion to KPF. Using the CLI will result in some changes to the functionality of this plugin since it lacks some of the conversion options that were available in the deprecated API.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:43 AM   #805
carlone2
carlone2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Since that function is now deprecated it is unlikely to be fixed in the future.
Hello,
so sad to hear these kind of news...
Your plugin is so great, I love it!!
Waiting for your new version of the plugin, someone please knows where I can find the Kindle Previewer 3.37 setup file?
Thanks!!
carlone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:34 PM   #806
steakhutzeee
Enthusiast
steakhutzeee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Hello

New user and my first post!

First thing, thank your for your work. I'm now able to convert and send KFX books to my Kindle with one click.

I noticed two strange things:

1. This is the first time i noticed this and maybe is not properly related with this plugin. I see that the page numbers are not adaptive based on the font size etc. So i see multiple pages with the same page number. Can i fix that? I saw also with a book i purchased directly from Amazon the same issue.

2. Here is a screenshot of Word Wise not working properly. I see just two words (i have selected the max number and this is first stange thing), and the meanings are wrong. Can this be fixed? I see multiple warnings in my conversion job details. Maybe the issue is in there somewhere. I can attach the details if needed. Here is a screenshot of what i see:
steakhutzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:23 PM   #807
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhutzeee View Post
1. This is the first time i noticed this and maybe is not properly related with this plugin. I see that the page numbers are not adaptive based on the font size etc. So i see multiple pages with the same page number. Can i fix that? I saw also with a book i purchased directly from Amazon the same issue.
That is normal. Page numbers reflect how much text fits on a page of a printed book. They do not count screens of content.

Quote:
2. Here is a screenshot of Word Wise not working properly. I see just two words (i have selected the max number and this is first stange thing), and the meanings are wrong. Can this be fixed?
No. The Word Wise file needs to match the internal structure of the book in order for the definitions to match the words on the screen. That is not going to work with a sideloaded book in KFX format. The only third party tool that I know of to create Word Wise files only works for books in MOBI format.

Quote:
I see multiple warnings in my conversion job details. Maybe the issue is in there somewhere. I can attach the details if needed.
Conversion warnings are normal.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:30 AM   #808
steakhutzeee
Enthusiast

Thanks!

So basically the page count on the Kindle is pratically useless...

Could be possible to generate the Word Wise file for a MOBI and then convert that file to KFX and sideolad it? Just wondering, i'm totally new to all this.

Thanks again!
Old 03-31-2020, 08:14 AM   #809
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
So basically the page count on the Kindle is pratically useless...
Many people who are accustomed to reading paper books prefer page numbering that is equivalent to that format. They are used to thinking of book sizes in terms of pages, for example how long it takes them to read a 200 page book.

It is also useful for finding your place in reference and textbooks where an assignment might be to read pages 20-30.

Quote:
Could be possible to generate the Word Wise file for a MOBI and then convert that file to KFX and sideolad it?
No. The Word Wise file has its own special format. It must be generated to match the book file exactly in order to work properly. No tool exists to create Word Wise files with content that matches KFX books.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:46 PM   #810
steakhutzeee
Enthusiast

Well, thanks! I'm reading a book converted with this plugin just now. It's impressive how easy has been to setup calibre to convert automatically the books to KFX.

I imagined i had to install tons of plugins and configure a lot of options to be able to do that, instead all i needed was your plugin.

Tags
kfx, linux, wine