Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
Toyota55
Toyota55 began at the beginning.

Device: None Yet
Greetings from Northwest FLorida

First time on this site. Googled around for information on e-book readers. Haven't bought one yet, as the one I'm currently interested in a cann't a store that sells them. So just wanted to say Hi. you all!
Toyota55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Toyota55 and welcome to the Forum. This is the place to be to learn about ebook readers.

Be sure and let us know what you decide on.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Toyota55, several great choices of readers right now, we ended up buying the Kindle and the Sony, love em both
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
well well well,if it isn't the japaneese car company.welcome.
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:23 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota55 View Post
First time on this site. Googled around for information on e-book readers. Haven't bought one yet, as the one I'm currently interested in a cann't a store that sells them. So just wanted to say Hi. you all!
Welcome. My family & I have lots of connections to NW Florida. Hubby went to high school in Ft. Walton Beach. We lived in Tallahassee (home of the NW Regional Data Center) for 8 years. Oldest son was born in Pensacola.

I bought a Kindle from Amazon. While you can't walk into a store and try it out, they do have a 30-day return policy. Many of the Borders stores have the Sony PRS 505 on display. You can pick it up, push buttons, etc. The store may or may not have one in stock, though. I understand that other readers are available for purchase on the Internet & I would think they would offer some return period if you decide you picked a device that won't work for you. Read through lots of the threads on this site to help finalize your choice and you're likely to buy a good fit.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert