Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
KNickerson
KNickerson began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Display in Last, First

Is there any way to get the author lists to display "Last, First" instead of "First Last"? I've poked about and can't find anything to do that.

The issue is that I find it very hard to locate anyone in the tree view. I'm looking for "Edgar A. Poe", and what I see is a random order of first names, and the last names slide side to side depending on how long the first name is so I can't even skim that.

Pretty much the same issue in the list view. If it was an available column, I'd pull up "Author Sort", and just dump the "Author" column.
KNickerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
See the grey box on this page in the calibre FAQ help...
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id38
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
KNickerson
KNickerson began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I found the 'use author sort in tag browser' tweak later, and that gets me 90% of the way. I keep thinking it should be a simple 'custom column' possibility, to get the last 10% but no.

The 'grey box' solution seems like an ongoing maintenance nightmare as new books are added, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding. The idea of doing a full backup to test isn't appealing, but it feels like doing the whole restructure of author names to LN,FN would make every last 'author sort' name show up in red and irritate me to no end. As it is, the metadata screens all look lovely. Changing the 'author name' field to LN,FN would be wrong from a professional librarian's point of view.

So, it's "One common request" ... but it's pretty hard for a user to do.
KNickerson is offline   Reply With Quote