Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The point remains that having the ability to pause Sigil to check in a reading app is not a very helpful feature. Currently you can save, leave Sigil open and then open the file in the reading app. There is no reason for Sigil to do this for you. Also, There is so much variation in reading software and devices that I don't see testing on a computer being helpful when most readers will be using a device that can only be tested on the device itself.
And the last sentence is spectacularly true of "Nook for PC/Mac/etc.," in which the display on a PC or Mac is utterly unrelated to what the book looks like on the Device, and deceptively so. I have an office littered with devices, just for this reason.

I have books saved in Sigil and open in reading software all the time for testing. It's pretty minor. The nice thing about it not happening "auto-magically" is that you can open the book-in-process in different software, simply for the above reasons (ADE, Nook 4 yadda-yadda, Lucidor, FF Epubreader, etc.)

HTH,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote