Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-17-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
giwqnbha
giwqnbha began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Using hostname to connect to calibre web interface

On my kobo I have no problem connecting to the calibre web server by using its ip address. When I try to use the hostname (XXX.local), nothing comes up. I am able to access the interface this way from the ipad and mac desktop.

How do I set up the kobo to be able to access the calibre web server using hostname and not ip?
giwqnbha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 05:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by giwqnbha View Post
On my kobo I have no problem connecting to the calibre web server by using its ip address. When I try to use the hostname (XXX.local), nothing comes up. I am able to access the interface this way from the ipad and mac desktop.

How do I set up the kobo to be able to access the calibre web server using hostname and not ip?
Names come from a DNS or other name server or the Hosts file (target must use static IP)

I turned on Netbios Detect feature on my Netgear router.
That allows some flexibility
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:34 AM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by giwqnbha View Post
I can access the calibre server running on my Debian Linux laptop from my Glo just by typing in the local name:port of my laptop, I didn't need to change anything on the Kobo device so I guess it is to do with the setup of the machine Calibre is running on.

i.e. my laptop is named tpad, so in the Kobo web browser I just type tpad:8080 and it connects.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, hostname, ip address, kobo, web server