Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #31
rustata
rustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 Version 2
Thank you for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
You have currently installed pbchess_2018.11.23_kobo, right?
Yes, I do have this version.

Quote:
You could overwrite
Code:
\.add\vlasovsoft\Qt\plugins\mousedrivers\libKoboTS_h2o2.so
with
Code:
\.adds\ksm_helper\Qt\plugins\mousedrivers\libKoboTS_h2o2.so
and see wheter that makes the vlasovsoft apps work correctly.
I am not sure where to edit it.

Now vlasovsoft is located under .kobo folder. I backed up the "original" mouse driver in vlasovsoft and replaced it with one from the ksm_helper. It did not make any difference.

Another thing in coolreader, when the orientation of the screen is changed the menu stays in the same place, i.e. does not rotate with the screen.
rustata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:18 PM   #32
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustata View Post
Now vlasovsoft is located under .kobo folder. I backed up the "original" mouse driver in vlasovsoft and replaced it with one from the ksm_helper. It did not make any difference.
I somehow did not think of the possibility that you installed it in the .kobo folder.
Isn't it strange that the same driver works in KSM and not in CoolReader? Anyway, Sergey said that he will update the driver (see here).

Quote:
Another thing in coolreader, when the orientation of the screen is changed the menu stays in the same place, i.e. does not rotate with the screen.
I think this is per design. I just tried it and see the same behavior.

Last edited by tshering; 11-29-2018 at 04:22 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2018, 09:27 PM   #33
rustata
rustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshesrustata can read faster than his screen refreshes

Quote:
Anyway, Sergey said that he will update the driver (see here).
Thank you. If you need anything to test on H2O2v2 – don't hesitate to ask. Will be happy to help.

Last edited by rustata; 11-29-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:09 AM   #34
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you. If you need anything to test on H2O2v2 – don't hesitate to ask. Will be happy to help.
Thank you for the offer. Actually Sergey's new driver is ready for testing!
Old 11-30-2018, 04:16 AM   #35
tshering
Wizard

I have updated the tester package in the first post! If there is already a previous version on your device, you can simply install the new one, or manually overwrite the Qt folder.

Please consider also testing the newest build of KoboLauncher, linked here.
Advert
Old 11-30-2018, 07:53 AM   #36
rustata

Quote:
I have updated the tester package in the first post! If there is already a previous version on your device, you can simply install the new one, or manually overwrite the Qt folder.

Please consider also testing the newest build of KoboLauncher, linked here.
I did preliminary testing for KoboLauncher. Will do the rotation test by the end of the day.

Thank you.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:36 AM   #37
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
I did preliminary testing for KoboLauncher. Will do the rotation test by the end of the day.

Thank you.
Maybe it is better to wait until the driver is working in KoboLauncher, and only then continue with the rotation test for KSM.
Thank you again!
Old 11-30-2018, 11:19 AM   #38
rustata

Quote:
Maybe it is better to wait until the driver is working in KoboLauncher...
Sergey fixed the problem for H2O2v2. Please update the tester I will try it again.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #39
tshering
Wizard

I have updated the tester.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:49 PM   #40
rustata

Quote:
I have updated the tester.
All possibilities of fb_rotation/ksm_rotation are tested. Here is the one which works and corresponds to the "normal" vertical orientation.

MODEL_NUMBER=378
QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=KoboTS_h2o2
mrotation=90
ksmrotate=2
kobomenuFontsize=80
ksmroot=/mnt/onboard/.adds/ksm_helper

With #2 all screen orientations work fine.

P.S. Letters v and w are stuck together.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:15 PM   #41
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
All possibilities of fb_rotation/ksm_rotation are tested. Here is the one which works and corresponds to the "normal" vertical orientation.

MODEL_NUMBER=378
QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=KoboTS_h2o2
mrotation=90
ksmrotate=2
kobomenuFontsize=80
ksmroot=/mnt/onboard/.adds/ksm_helper

With #2 all screen orientations work fine.

P.S. Letters v and w are stuck together.
Thank you again! Would be nice if somebody could test it on a H2o2 version 1.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:40 PM   #42
ello
ello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheese

Device: H2O2
Quote:
Thank you again! Would be nice if somebody could test it on a H2o2 version 1.
On my device with MODEL_NUMBER=374 I still have the issue with the horizontal inversion of the arrows.
ello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:53 AM   #43
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ello View Post
On my device with MODEL_NUMBER=374 I still have the issue with the horizontal inversion of the arrows.
Thank you. This was my fault. I updated the package. Could you please test again?
Old 12-03-2018, 07:34 AM   #44
ello
ello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheese

Device: H2O2
Quote:
Thank you. This was my fault. I updated the package. Could you please test again?
Everything seems to work perfectly now with fb=0 and ksm= 270!
ello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:02 AM   #45
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ello View Post
Everything seems to work perfectly now with fb=0 and ksm= 270!
Good! Could you confirm that internal rotation works too? That means: You keep fb=0, and you change the ksm value. The screen should rotate and you should still be able to make selections.