Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-03-2018, 05:45 AM   #16
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
Will there be an update? I would appreciate support of Google Drive. Dropbox does not work; at least not for me.
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:21 PM   #17
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
How do you disable it?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #18
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
It's working now.

I was using this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...35&postcount=2

I am not sure but maybe this was the reason the sync did not work!?
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #19
YYHHYYHH
YYHHYYHH began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
I have tried on my aura one

and find that the patch “Block WiFi firmware upgrade” in kobopatch will block the cloudsync

after removed it, dropbox goes well for me
YYHHYYHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:22 PM   #20
m-p{3}
m-p{3} began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Does it require a specific firmware version, and is there an uninstaller in case something goes wrong?

And I would also appreciate Google Drive support
m-p{3} is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2019, 04:56 AM   #21
lk82
lk82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I cannot see downloaded files in library. they are downloaded and i see tem after connecting to pc.
when unmounted from pc - they finally appear in library.
Anyone have idea what causes the problem?
lk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:33 PM   #22
fizzytonic
Reader
fizzytonic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
problem

i've set up a shared google drive folder for my epubs.
I've got the KoboCloud programme set up as per instructions. However it doesnt see mto fetch anything.
The log says:

2020-07-03_22:22:45 waiting for internet connection
2020-07-03_22:22:48 done

(I removed any # comments to see if anything changed and it did...no more Comment found messages, lol)

fizzytonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:55 PM   #23
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzytonic View Post
i've set up a shared google drive folder for my epubs.
I've got the KoboCloud programme set up as per instructions. However it doesnt see mto fetch anything.
The log says:

2020-07-03_22:22:45 waiting for internet connection
2020-07-03_22:22:48 done

(I removed any # comments to see if anything changed and it did...no more Comment found messages, lol)

Did you look at the previous few posts?
If that didn't help, can I see a copy of kobocloudrc?
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:51 AM   #24
solquest
solquest began at the beginning.

Device: kobo nia, kobo aura
Hello.
Is there a way for using Dropbox on my Nia (4.23.15548) and Aura (4.23.15548)?
I've tried sharing a dropbox folder via link, then opening that link in kobo browser (beta features) but I don't see the files I've there...
Thanks
solquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:45 AM   #25
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Try PMing me your kobocloudrc file. I can give it a look.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:05 PM   #26
g35
g35 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I had some difficulty with this and I’m hoping someone can guide me the right way.

On macOS 10.14, I modified the kobocloudrc.tmpl file to include a Dropbox folder link

I plugged in Kobo, pressed connect on Kobo, and opened terminal on macOS. Dragged the makeKoboRoot.sh file into terminal (which pastes in the filepath for that file) and pressed enter. I got an error “tar: could not chdir to directory ‘src’”

The directory src does exist. I just downloaded the zip from GitHub as is and only modified the tmpl file as directed. makeKoboRoot.sh file and src folder are both in the KoboCloud-master directory

Could anyone please tell me what I’m doing wrong here? Thanks. I don’t have much experience with scripts and terminal but I can generally follow directions ok
g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:25 PM   #27
g35
g35 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35 View Post
I had some difficulty with this and I’m hoping someone can guide me the right way.

On macOS 10.14, I modified the kobocloudrc.tmpl file to include a Dropbox folder link

I plugged in Kobo, pressed connect on Kobo, and opened terminal on macOS. Dragged the makeKoboRoot.sh file into terminal (which pastes in the filepath for that file) and pressed enter. I got an error “tar: could not chdir to directory ‘src’”

The directory src does exist. I just downloaded the zip from GitHub as is and only modified the tmpl file as directed. makeKoboRoot.sh file and src folder are both in the KoboCloud-master directory

Could anyone please tell me what I’m doing wrong here? Thanks. I don’t have much experience with scripts and terminal but I can generally follow directions ok
Never mind, got it. First I had to type
Code:
cd /Users/MYUSERNAME/Downloads/KoboCloud-0.5
and press enter, then I could type
Code:
sh ./makeKoboRoot.sh
and it worked
g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:37 AM   #28
pina
pina began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
I opened an issue on Git, but it seems like pretty deserted out there, so I hope someone could help me out here...

I added the link of my Google Drive to the config file. The log files show that it finds the link and downloads my files. But when I browse to the .add/kobocloud/library folder, I only see my cbz files of 3kb instead of 150MB

When I add a simple PDF to the Google Drive, it does show up. I added the same cbz files directly on the mounted drive when plugging in my Clara and it DOES show up that file. So it’s not a corrupted or unreadable file for my Kobo...

I also tried a cbz file of 20MB and it did show up... Is there a file size limitation present in the script?

Last edited by pina; 01-06-2021 at 12:46 PM.
pina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud, dropbox, nextcloud