Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-08-2015, 08:41 PM   #1
mendesitba
Connoisseur
mendesitba began at the beginning.

Device: KPW, Ipad 2, Note 5
Insert date in the title of the news recipe

Hello all! I would like to ask if someone knows an easy way to insert the date of the download in the title of .the mobi file generated by calibre news recipe.

For instance, if I have a recipe called "Daily News", I would like that the title of each news feed downloaded be named "Daily News [the date of the download]".

Thank you !

Last edited by mendesitba; 12-09-2015 at 03:26 AM.
mendesitba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
dates are not inserted in title when you download with your output profile set to any kindle device, because kindles treat periodicals specially, in their interface already. Change your output profile to something non-kindle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2015, 03:26 AM   #3
mendesitba
Connoisseur

When I changed the output profile to epub the only difference was that the date appeared on each article of the news feed but not on the mobi file name.

Sorry if I was not clear enough. When I said "title" i was referring to the name of the mobi file created not the title of article of the news feed.
mendesitba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:37 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
output profile not output format

Page Layout section of common options.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:35 PM   #5
mendesitba
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
output profile not output format