Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Loads!
Downloading ePUBs to iPhone (Stanza 2.0)

I'm trying to deliver some ePUBs to iPhone to read with Stanza.

I have had some success with links on a webpage. Click on the link with Safari and Bob's your uncle it downloads in Stanza - magic!

<a href='epub://www.oxford-ebooks.com/somefolder_or_other/MyeBook.epub'>Download My eBook</a>

That also works on IE and Firefox. However, I'm wanting to download the file WITHOUT revealing the URL that the file's stored at, so I'm pushing it using ADODB.Stream / response.write in ASP. That works LOVELY for Firefox and IE but not for Safari / Stanza on iPhone.
I've proved that my code works for iPhone by sending a JPG rather than an ePUB - so I'm thinking that it might be the content-type that's wrong for ePUB.

I've tried 'application/epub+zip', 'application/epub', 'application/zip', even 'application/octet-stream'

Anyone had any experience with this?

Andy
Oxford-eBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
don't know the answer myself, but you might also want to check on the stanza forums too..

http://getsatisfaction.com/stanza
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Loads!
Cheers!
Oxford-eBooks is offline   Reply With Quote