Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-20-2021, 10:38 PM   #1
Figaro
Figaro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
Kindle Fire error communicating with device

I have a new Kindle Fire. Kindle connected to internet. I can add books to a library. But when I try to send book to a Kindle, I got:
Error communicating with device.

C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x8007065d wCode=0] Data supplied is of wrong type.: o2E

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 515, in _books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 220, in books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 192, in get_driveinfo
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 272, in filesystem_cache
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x8007065d wCode=0] Data supplied is of wrong type.: o2E
how i can fix it ?Restarting Kindle and PC and Colibri doesn't help.
Thank you
Figaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:32 AM   #2
dplaliberte
dplaliberte began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis (8th); Fire HD 10+ (11th)
I'm having the same issue with a new Fire HD 10+ (11th gen). Aside from a different type (o29), the diagnostic is identical. The Fire is configured for USB file transfer, and I can successfully copy files from my Windows PC to the Fire's Books & Documents folders.
dplaliberte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2021, 10:44 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an error listing the contents of the fire's storage. If it has an SD card try removing it. Then try a different usb cable/port and finally you can try resetting it. If none of those work, you can use one of the wireless transfer methods described here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...kindle-fire-hd
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote