Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-11-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
hypertennis
hypertennis began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus 10.3''
Touchscreen becomes unresponsive

Hi all,

I've been using my Onyx Boox Note Plus 10.3'' for a year without any issues. However, for the last few days I've been experiencing problems with the touchscreen. It becomes unresponsive, seemingly at random; I cannot select objects or turn pages, etc., although the pen works fine. I tried updating the firmware. Not only didn't this solve the problem, but it made its consequences much worse: now the pen is enabled by default when viewing a pdf so there's no way I can turn the page, I'm stuck with a single page on each document.

The first few times this happened the problem sorted itself out after a few minutes but this is no longer the case. I don't think this is a hardware issue since the screen usually comes back to normal.

Is anyone experiencing similar issues? Any idea what to do?
hypertennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
When this happens, did you try to very slightly moist the finger you use for touch operations?

I noted that dry fingers sometimes prevent any response from the touch screen.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2019, 09:24 AM   #3
hypertennis
hypertennis began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus 10.3''
I hadn't tried that, but that didn't work either. In the end I sent the device back to Onyx for repair, now it's working again.
hypertennis is offline   Reply With Quote