Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-20-2019, 07:04 AM   #1
LTR88
LTR88 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad mini
My Kindle Content folders show old books with today's date

I posted this in another thread here and someone suggested I post in an Amazon thread instead. Below is a copy of that thread and I sure hope someone can help:

I've never posted here before so thank you for your forbearance. I use Calibre but am not very savvy with it. Yesterday I went to copy my five purchased books from Ammy into Calibre and instead of five folders with the new book files, the My Kindle Content folder showed 64 folders with yesterday's date. I opened up each folder and all of the folders except for the five new purchases were older purchases, going back to February. Just random book purchases with yesterday's date.

This happens almost every time I buy books but never to this scale. Am I doing something wrong or does anyone know why this is happening? I purchase most of my books from Ammy (some of the authors I read sell there exclusively) and have the books downloaded to my PC.

If any of you have ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

ETA: Here's an update. Yesterday and today, I bought another five books and My Kindle Content shows 26 folders with today's date. Is this only happening to me?

Last edited by LTR88; 09-20-2019 at 07:08 AM.
LTR88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:12 AM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
You have replies in the thread you started yesterday:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323101
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2019, 07:23 AM   #3
LTR88
LTR88 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad mini
No one there answered my question though, so when one of them suggested posting here, I thought that would be a good idea.

Do you get multiple folders in your My Kindle Content? This morning, I had 26 folders for the five books I bought yesterday. I copied the new books into Calibre but had to open up all 26 folders to find them. It's painful and I am hopeful there is a fix to this.
LTR88 is offline   Reply With Quote