Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-29-2019, 06:24 PM   #1
bobb.delsol
bobb.delsol began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle Review page

Amazon has a review page that pops up at the end of a book. Some books manage to have this page pop up at the actual end of the story vs the end of the book. This allows them to add back matter such as teaser chapters and list of books by the author.

Does anyone know how to trigger the page?
bobb.delsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I don't, and I am regularly maddened when I get to the end of a book I get that flash instead of proceeding to the notes and bibliography, which interest me as much (sometimes more) than the text....
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
I don't, and I am regularly maddened when I get to the end of a book I get that flash instead of proceeding to the notes and bibliography, which interest me as much (sometimes more) than the text....
There is a way to stop being maddened. Buy a different Reader that's not a Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:48 AM   #4
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

>Buy a different Reader that's not a Kindle

Alas, I've never met one that I liked half as much as my Fire tablet. Besides, 80 percent of my sales are Kindle editions, so that's where I feel I should be spending my time.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:23 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobb.delsol View Post
Amazon has a review page that pops up at the end of a book. Some books manage to have this page pop up at the actual end of the story vs the end of the book. This allows them to add back matter such as teaser chapters and list of books by the author.

Does anyone know how to trigger the page?
Amazon adds that page, not you or your formatter. So, the answer is no, and I think you'll find that the popup occurs far, far, FAR more often immediately after the end of the story than after the backmatter. (I don't think I've ever seen one after the backmatter, in fact, versus before it.) Amazon rightly figures that most readers don't bother with all the cruft in the backmatter, according to what they see in reader usage, so they want to get the rating or review before the reader puts the book down for good.

So...if you COULD override it would you prefer to forego the ratings and rankings, just so people might see your backmatter?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #6
bobb.delsol
bobb.delsol began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I want to trigger it before the back matter, so I can get the ratings. Kindle / Amazon triggers it at the end of the book, but there is a way to trigger it early. I think I may know how, Will test on my next book.
bobb.delsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobb.delsol View Post
I want to trigger it before the back matter, so I can get the ratings. Kindle / Amazon triggers it at the end of the book, but there is a way to trigger it early. I think I may know how, Will test on my next book.
Sure, you can slap the "click here to review my book" link anywhere you want. That does NOT trigger the Amazon review/rate page early, and that link doesn't work on about half of all Kindles.

But, if you think that's somehow going to get you more reviews, good luck with it.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:07 PM   #8
Notjohn
mostly an observer

Of course, if you don't ask, you are likely to have even less luck with it.

FWIW, reviews used to be hard to get, but now they're nearly impossible. I just reviewed a pair of windshield wiper blades, but they were reasonably priced, quick to install, and remarkably silent in operation. Few books have given me that much satisfaction in so short a time.

(Well, maybe Red Sparrow, tee hee.)
Old 10-07-2019, 06:27 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I hate demanded reviews. (won't do them)

If I review a product, it is because it is exceptional.
<hint>I have only done 1 Exceptionally Good review. And that was for above the pale service.
Same goes for 5 stars. (And I wished I had not had to do any of those 1 star reviews, but folk need to be warned. )

Theducks is an Amazon reviewer
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote