Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
rick65
rick65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
A Great software but still miles to go.

I am a new ereader fan and just had an opportunity to get my hands on calibre and kindle.
A few suggestions on areas of improvement would be:
1) 64 bit support on snow Leopard as Kindle is not recognized.
2) PDF conversion support on Calibre. I have got a few books in pdf format and eventhough Kindle2 now supports PDF, viewing on kindle is not worthy.
I have found a way around this problem - if anyone requires it - I have used Adobe to save my files as html and then used calibre to import the html book to it and finally used calibre to convert the resultant zip file to mob type.
Then transferred the same to kindle. The end result: All document formatting retained with graphics included with support for changing font size etc.

I am a lay person with no knowledge of programming but if the developers of calibre can automate this cumbersome and time consuming process it would be of great help.

Thanks and Best wishes.
rick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:54 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick65 View Post
2) PDF conversion support on Calibre. I have got a few books in pdf format and eventhough Kindle2 now supports PDF, viewing on kindle is not worthy.
I have found a way around this problem - if anyone requires it - I have used Adobe to save my files as html and then used calibre to import the html book to it and finally used calibre to convert the resultant zip file to mob type.
Then transferred the same to kindle. The end result: All document formatting retained with graphics included with support for changing font size etc.
PDF conversion should already be supported- did you try it first? I don't know how complex your PDFs are, but I've converted a few successfully with calibre.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert