Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2022, 08:06 AM   #16
rt2002
rt2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Definitely buying one, sad to wait 3 weeks but the upgrades are great!
rt2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 08:09 AM   #17
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Then why just "Libra 2" and not "Libra 2e"?
No, given the surrounded "ECO" mentioning, the 'E' is definitely meant for just that.
I think JSWolf has this one right. If "E" stands for "environmental," what does the "2" stand for? The Kobo Aura and H2O both had 2nd editions. I think the 2E is short for "2nd Edition" and the reason they used "2E" is because the original Clara was "HD." So it's consistent.

At any rate, that's how I see it. For what it's worth.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2022, 08:48 AM   #18
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The Kobo Aura and H2O both had 2nd editions.
Yes, they where called:
  • Kobo Aura Edition 2
  • Kobo Aura H20 Edition 2
Hence, not 2 Edition, hence my deduction (for what it is worth), but YMMV.

Quote:
At any rate, that's how I see it. For what it's worth.
Its always a pleasure to encounter other views. You're welcome
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 10:01 AM   #19
BiliBug
Connoisseur
BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage (Formerly KKB, PW1, PW3, KV, OA3)
Quote:
None of the packaging of my previous Kobo purchases did ever had a magnet. So I guess it is just marketing talk, similar to: "Our new mineral water is sugar-free!"
The Sage box (packaging) has a magnetic flap.
BiliBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 11:31 AM   #20
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
2E -- 112.05 x 159.02 x 8.66 mm
HD -- 110 x 159.6 x 8.35 mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
The 2E is wider and less tall but thicker.
Your comment seems to disagree with rcentros measurements.

I'd like a return to the shorter, fatter (some might even say squarer) shape of the original 6" Aura.

But this Clara 2nd Edition looks pretty nice.

I find the measurement of time and depth in waterproofing humorous. Mostly we just need to hear 'it can get wet'. Not many people are planning on taking their Kobo SCUBA diving.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2022, 11:48 AM   #21
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiliBug View Post
The Sage box (packaging) has a magnetic flap.
Ah, as the Sage is still out of reach for this mere mortal, I didn't know that. Thanks for correcting me
Old 09-01-2022, 12:10 PM   #22
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Looks like "BadE" got the ComfortGaze feature wrong (why am I not surprised?).
Yeah, I don't know how he went from

Quote:
Built-in blue light reduction lets you read at night without compromising your sleep.
to

Quote:
Reduced Blue Light Ratio (BLR) and Blue Light Toxicity Factor (BLTF) by up to 60% and 24% respectively.
but I think that shows what goes on inside his head.

Given the description, I'm guessing the 'E' stands for Eco-Conscious; I suppose we'll find out if the E moniker sticks around for other models using recycled plastic regardless of what generation they may be in the series. It's too bad the bezel isn't blue either; I don't mind the shade.

I'm interested in getting one, but I guess I'll wait until someone cracks one open to see if it's using an SD card or not; that is the deal breaker for me.

I know it's been announced, but is there an actual release date? Or is it just available whenever a store receives stock? Rakuten Japan originally had the folding sleepcover for availability on Sept 29, so maybe the announcement had to be bumped up because of all the leaks.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 02:10 PM   #23
DrChiper
Bookish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
I know it's been announced, but is there an actual release date?
My local Kobo website store says its obtainable from September 22th onwards. Sounds pretty convincing to me.
Old 09-01-2022, 03:04 PM   #24
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
This part I do not understand: magnet-free?
Some packaging uses a front flap that is held in place by magnets. I seem to remember my Sage came in that style of package so when you removed the slip cover, you could flip the flap open.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 03:54 PM   #25
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
does anyone know how much RAM?

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 04:12 PM   #26
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
does anyone know how much RAM?

best wishes koboy
To use rcentros's term, BadE is claiming 512MB, but I haven't seen anyone else corroborate it, so take it with a grain of salt. Of course, he's also claiming that "The screen is not flush with the bezel, instead it has a small dip and does not have any glass," which I assume means non-capacitive, and since no one else has claimed that this is IR device too, I'm just going to assume he's confusing the specs with a Glo HD until proven otherwise.

Of course, my favourite part is that you can either pay MSRP $129 USD or $159 CAD to get it from Kobo (or virtually anywhere else, along with a free $25 Kobo gift card for pre-ordering), OR spend $199 to get it from his store (no gift card), lol.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it had the same amount of RAM as a Libra 2.

Last edited by rtiangha; 09-01-2022 at 04:30 PM.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 04:28 PM   #27
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
To use rcentros's term, BadE is claiming 512MB, but I haven't seen anyone else corroborate it, so take it with a grain of salt. Of course, he's also claiming that "The screen is not flush with the bezel, instead it has a small dip and does not have any glass," which I assume means non-capacitive, and since no one else has claimed that this is IR device too, I'm just going to assume he's confusing the specs with a Glo HD until proven otherwise.

Of course, my favourite part is that you can either pay MSRP $129 USD or $159 CAD from Kobo, OR spend $199 to get it from his store, lol.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it had the same amount of RAM as a Libra 2.
thanks. i'd guess 512MB.

best wishes koboy
Old 09-01-2022, 04:31 PM   #28
koboy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'd like a return to the shorter, fatter (some might even say squarer) shape of the original 6" Aura.
obviously i agree, and although it might be squarer thankfully it isn't square.

best wishes koboy

Last edited by koboy; 09-01-2022 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 05:00 PM   #29
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

2E -- 112.05 x 159.02 x 8.66 mm
HD -- 110 x 159.6 x 8.35 mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
The 2E is wider and less tall but thicker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Your comment seems to disagree with rcentros measurements.

To me, using rcentros measurements, Deobulakenyo is correct if you are holding the reader in portrait mode.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 05:38 PM   #30
Spinningwoman
Connoisseur
Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
P.S. You can edit that sig your app appends.
I didn’t even see that! Thanks - done.
Spinningwoman is offline   Reply With Quote