Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 04:18 AM   #16
idollar
idollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheeseidollar can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakapo View Post
@idollar: That is exactly what is causing my problems. Thanks enormously!
You are welcome
:-)
idollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #17
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by idollar View Post
2.- Set the ip address in your computer (as you did)
If the cause for the failure is confirmed, you may change the step 2.- with a permanent configuration in the network manager of your computer.
Except that method will not work in my case because I use multiple kindles and when plugged into the PC USB port they all show up with the same HWaddr, and therefore cannot be assigned a unique "permanent configuration". The device names (usb0, usb1, etc.) get assigned in the order that the kindles are plugged into the PC, and do not track the kindles. My mntusb script sorts this all out, so the HWaddr and IP addresses *do* track the kindles even though the usb device numbers keep changing.

Ryran's suggestion to add nmcli dev disconnect to my mntusb script did the trick for me. After plugging in a kindle (or *another* kindle) the Network Manager icon still animates as before, but when I run mntusb the NM animation stops immediately, and the unique HWaddr and unique IP address specific to each kindle does not get changed by the NM as it would have after the 30 second timeout. My mntusb script assumes that each kindle has a modified usbnet config file to give it a unique IP address.

Setting a "permanent configuration" as suggested in your step 2 will only work with ONE kindle attached.

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-25-2011 at 11:08 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert