Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-14-2023, 06:40 PM   #1
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Editing epub3 landmarks

I was looking at the calibre editor and it has something different for I think it was semantics.

Got me thinking. Maybe set semantics could be some dialog that shows all files and current setting? There one could then see all in one place and edit all at once, perhaps with options such has multiple select and choosing frontmatter, content or other. I forget the terms and maybe I am mixing it up. I just think some way to mass edit the landmarks and keep it in sync with the ncx guide would be great.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 06:53 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
They are in sync with the guide for epub2. What you set as a semantic gets reflected in the nav landmarks in epub3, and the opf guide under epub2?

Mass editing them when only a single primary semantic is typically used per file with very few semantics ever duplicated would result in the same keystrokes as selecting a file in BookBrowser and setting its semantic from a list.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2023, 01:37 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by democrite View Post
Got me thinking. Maybe set semantics could be some dialog that shows all files and current setting?
Shameless plug: you might find my ShowSemantics plugin helpful. It has no editing options, but it allows you to automatically generate missing landmarks from guide items and vice versa.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 06:48 PM   #4
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Thanks for the plugin link.

A dialog similar to the plugin I think would be easier as one can see them all at once. Similar amount of keystrokes but I think less mental effort as identifying the set semantics menu item is more work than some drop-down for each file with merely the options.

How much I would use it who knows but I think such is a better UI.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote