Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-24-2021, 10:16 AM   #61
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
The problem is the main qApp->pallette() is not being changed only the macos theme standard pallette. So I need to ifdef some code in CV to not grab and set the pallette from qApp on macOS after a change.
Sounds somewhat similar. The dark theme for Windows won't change "on the fly" like it will with Qt for macOS, so I only have to do it once. It's in main.cpp. For Windows (and linux, too), it's a matter of calling or not calling:

Code:
app.setPalette(QApplication::style()->standardPalette());
depending on the Qt version used.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 01:25 PM   #62
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Okay just pushed a bunch of Qt6 on macOS related fixes to Sigil master on my github site:

https://github.com/kevinhendricks/Sigil

These include:

- use absolute path on sys.prefix to get proper path when installing python3 into Sigil

- worked around TabManager and PreviewWindow dark to light and visa-versa change issue
- these were actually early dark mode bugs re-introduced into Qt6 that were long ago fixed in Qt 5.12.x
- probably because they forked for Qt6 before these changes went in and they have not added in these fixes for some reason

Hope this helps,

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 12-24-2021 at 01:34 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2021, 03:39 PM   #63
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Thank you. Dark mode alternate row color works great and the python script change builds fine. I didn't test Qt 5. I saw a comment about for Qt 5 also so maybe such would be ok. As the dark mode alternate row color issue existed for me with Qt 5.15.2, and it seemed you didn't notice it, maybe it is specific to some combo of that Qt plus Monterey.

A quick look around other parts of the app to verify, I noticed maybe in Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts could also use alternate row colors.

Testing switching between dark and light mode, doing such while Preferences is open, something else is sometimes the palette doesn't change correctly. It doesn't happen all the time; perhaps it is something new with Qt 6. Screenshot attached.

Since I was looking at Preferences (and other parts of the UI), the slider to set main menu icon size I think looks non-native. Compared to Qt 5, the slider now has hash marks. Screen shot attached plus one from System Preferences.

And unrelated to Qt6, maybe the find/replace panel could use some padding around controls. For example each of the options (DotAll, …) are almost cut off since the next control appears after w/o padding.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 12.37.59.png
Views:	132
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	190986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 12.32.45.png
Views:	132
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	190987   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2021-12-24 à 12.29.36.png
Views:	120
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	190988  

Last edited by democrite; 12-24-2021 at 03:41 PM. Reason: ed
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #64
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The icon size slider, should show the tick marks as it is part of the code and has been. They should show under Qt5 as well, otherwise it is a Qt5 bug.

The Preferences Keyboard Shortcuts QTreeWidget can easily be set to setAlternatingRowColors true in either the code or its ui file. No one has asked for that yet so this is unchanged from Qt5.

I will play around with dynamic switching from dark to light and back in Preferences to see what breaks. But Qt 6.2.2 is actually a big step backward in this regard as Qt 5.12.9 has this working.

Last edited by KevinH; 12-24-2021 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-24-2021, 04:39 PM   #65
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Indeed very possible Qt 6 has a whole new set of issues.

Concerning the slider, I found this issue for Monterey yet I didn’t test yet if such happens for me.

https://bugreports.qt.io/plugins/ser...ue/QTBUG-98093

Of the look of the slider, I think you’re using TicksBothSides? I haven’t really looked yet I think on macOS, below might be the preferred choice. At least such seems to be the case from some screen shot from Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines.

From Apple’s API, below and above seem to be the only valid options and I am not sure what Qt does when set to both.

https://developer.apple.com/document...ckmarkposition
Advert
Old 12-24-2021, 05:03 PM   #66
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Thanks, for that Qt tick mark bug link. From reading it and the related Monterey specific bug we will have to wait for a fix from Qt for that as Qt 6.2.3 will not be released opensource as it is LTS.

As for making Sigil exactly match the Apple native guidelines for tick marks, that is a very low priority as Sigil is meant to be a cross-platform app first and foremost. And function must come before form. We also like to limit the number of platform specific ifdefs in our Sigil codebase as they make support harder because the flow is not easily apparent.

All that said, I will look into changing the tickmarks location on macOS Sigil for some future release.
Old 12-24-2021, 09:01 PM   #67
democrite
Evangelist

No prob. All is working well and the main goal of a native build has been achieve. Many thanks again for everything.
Old 07-23-2023, 05:43 PM   #68
democrite
Evangelist

Sigil on Apple M1 running under Rosetta 2?

Wrong thread.