Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-07-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
Find and remove un-indexed files from library folder

After a colleague's failed tagging adventure while I was away, I now have hundreds of duplicates of PDF files in various folders under my library folder. However, Calibre is unaware of the existence of the duplicates.

What I'd like to do is generate a list of all the files Calibre has indexed -- including their file paths -- so that I can compare and then delete the ones that are NOT in that list.

How can I do that? Or is there a better way to fix this?
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Simpler way: Move the Known books to a new Library, then deal with what is left behind

Create a new Library is simple
Liick On the Library Icon : Create/switch: Create a new Library and TICK the Copy Structure box (Make-Pick an empty folder. That will also be the new Library name)
When that is done: Switch back to the original Library (the name will be on the quick switc plar of the Library Icons list:
Select ALL BOOKS (ctrl-A): Right-click:Copy to Library:New one name (delete)
And let it grind (the time varies on how many books):
When that is done, the Library will appear to be empty. Switch to the New one.

Now Using the OS (eg Explorer) find your old Library folder (Calibre Library is the default name). What is there is your problem guys Use CALIBRE or Drag and drop titles onto the Calibre GUI.
DO NOT do that wit metadata.db or the JSON file
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2019, 11:31 AM   #3
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
Thanks!
eater is offline   Reply With Quote