Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-19-2019, 09:48 PM   #1
sceadugenga
Connoisseur
sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Set Title/Author Format for Finished Book

Is there a Calibre setting to produce the book title and author the way you want it?

For example... I'd like the book to appear in my files when moved as "Writer First Name-Writer Second Name- Book Title

Not, for example, Book Title-Writer Second Name, Writer First Name.

Easy enough to edit afterwards I suppose but I was wondering if Calibre had such a tweak.
sceadugenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:34 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I move the thread as this appears to be a Send to Device Template (file name) issue
Simply CONFIGURE the template (when the device is connected). The configure item is on the device menu.
Code:
{authors}-{title}
Note: {authors} is a single value: Fn Ln <Assumes it shows in Calibre that way

Putting a - between Fn and Ln would be tricky and would also get even trickier wit 2 authors
Or are you talking about books with 2 Authors: Fn1 Ln1 and Fn2 Ln2 ?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2019, 12:45 AM   #3
sceadugenga
Connoisseur
sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thank you, that seems to have done the trick.
sceadugenga is offline   Reply With Quote